[33] (2/2)

"Come back here and walk into my mouth!!!"

The trees behind them crashed down with the pounding of the earth and the audaciously arrogant roar of Bultak, yet, the group remained on the move. They were not mere idiots, would they simply stop and walk directly into the beast's mouth? The answer was. quite clearly, a no. Right this very moment, they were planning to kill it, so why would they commit suicide?

Ashe looked back for a moment, briefly catching the figure of the beast before turning right back around. A question paced onto her mind and she couldn't help but turn towards the dungeon guide she had come to know for the shortest of times; the one most likely to hold an answer to all this.

"Are all area bosses at least Emperor grade demonic beasts?"

"No," Shell shook her head, her feet steadily placed atop the golden blade at her feet.

The torrent of the wind brushed against her face, yet, she remained quite calmly placed. Her arms folded in front herself.

"It simply means they have Emperor grade intellect."

Arthur raised a brow "Hmm, how strong is an Emperor grade beast?"

"Simply speaking, if they were human, they would be ranked at the U rank—a rank where a whole army, or at least someone of the same rank, is needed to defeat."

"U rank..." Currently speaking, Maria couldn't fathom that level of strength yet.

She had never seen a person above SS rank, much less U rank. To her, it wasn't something she was currently in hold of acknowledging. It might as well be a myth to her at this stage.

"Hmm," Shell nodded.

"Just be glad they're not any Sun Grade level beasts within the first five floors at least, the rank directly right after Sky grade; which is after Emperor grade itself. Sun Grade is the literal equivalent of an OverLord. Which means, only another OverLord or Sun Grade could kill them—an army would simply crumble without eff-."

"There!" She suddenly stopped and pointed downwards in a voice brimming with a bit of excitement.

'Hmm?' Stopping the mana blades within the air, Maria looked below from where the group was currently placed.

"A village?"

Although weirdly displaced and surreally stamped into the midst of the forest, it was clearly a village. Small hut-like buildings spanning the area, the constructs crudely built and woven from everything from wood to sticks and demonic beasts skin.

Finally, surrounding the area was a 'defensive' construct of sorts of protrudingly sharp sticks plunging from the ground and outwardly.

"Not just any village," Shell shook her head.

"This is a Goblin Village."

Maria focused her eyes a bit more, and was not in the least surprised to find that Shell was right. It was indeed a village of goblins, their small green bodies fleeting through the area. Some in the midst of carrying back beasts they had hunted.

"See, in this dungeon, a dungeon crawler has to learn to use every advantage and resource given to them..."

"...this might seem cruel and, let's face it, it certainly is and I'm not gonna shy away from it—but! If we want to stop the boss's movement—this would be how we would do it." 

Shell glanced at the group for a moment, "If I was to ask, what makes goblins special, what would you reply?"

As everyone racked their brain, Arthur simply shrugged.