[Prologue]

Her face was deeply imprinted into the hard ground, she could taste the staleness and thickness of the crimson liquid that seemed etched within. Her breath was a rushed mess, she could feel her body wrinkle with pain and shudder in tempid haste.

Convulsing, she felt the world on her figure.

Slowly, she managed to raise her head slightly, her world blurred beyond belief. Crimson blood traced against her young features before settling upon those pale golden irises of her's.

It took moments...

She could hear it...

The screaming engulfing her entire world, she could feel his pain as his howl overshadowed the midday.

Her eyes regained focus as the horridness of the world came to full view.

His leftward body within the jaws of the emerald beast, completely binding between the two sets of teeth that wished to crunch it to smithereens.

Yet.

"A...I...I...S..S..."

Blood fell from his lips as if a waterfall.

No!

"...st...ay...bac...k.."

His expression twisted in the anguish of pain.

No!

He smiled his usual gentle smile, the way he always looked at her as if she was his own daughter.

His pale amber eyes stared at her warmly.

"...r...uu...n..."

The world stilled for a single moment.

.

.

What she feared most occurred before her eyes.

.

.

As she heard the ripping of his body, as she saw the spilling of his insides, as she perceived his mortal howl of sacrifice.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I Broke.

.

Her golden hair began to burn...increasing in intensity.

She screamed into the world.

Her right hand forcefully grasped the hilt of the blood covered blade before her.

Her body forced itself up through will, crawling up through the muddied ground.

I could taste it.

Her hair burned a golden radiance of flames as she charged forth.

As she took her firsts step, her eyes only focused on the enemy ahead

.

.

.

.

.

Rage.