[20]

The claws deepened into the neck of the wolf as it continued its whimper; streaks of crimson blood gently laced and trailed down her blackened furred arm. Any moment now and she could kill it, any moment now and she would kill it.

"What are you doing!?"

A loud yell thundered in her ears as a force crashed into her body. She jerked and spiraled sideways as the Azure Wolf left her grasp.

Rolling upon contact with the floor and finally crashing in a final stop with a heavy thud.

The boy flipped within the air and the soles of his feet found contact with the ground. The blades in his hands glimmered in their natural black dauntless luster and his purplish gray eyes glared towards the direction of the girl.

"Are you trying to kill it!?" His voice oozed out, this time with a bit more power.

Ashe staggered upwards, clutching the side of her face with her beastly hands, she looked towards the boys. Her crimson eyes had narrowed into two bloodied glares as rage filled them.

"This is my fight," Her fangs bared against her teeth.

"So, stay out of the way." Her voice was fully laced with killing intent.

Rain briefly shuddered as that statement echoed into his mind. The barrier had been immediately forcefully collapsed-removing the demonic core that kept it up-after they had found something exceedingly wrong with the pace of the battle. He had rushed within and delivered a kick to her face before she could kill the beast, being the closest to the arena.

"It's nothing more than a spar." He was in disbelief, did this girl know what she was saying? This was death they were talking about, and although not human, it was still the death of a companion to that man.

Ashe stood comfortably against the ground, she sneered as her voice mimicked the guild master's, " 'as long as they're still breathing and all four limbs are intact' ."

"So that means you should kill his companion?" Rain asked, his sword pointed directly behind him.

Curley had already raced beside his wolf, grasping its body tightly as he poured what manner of mana he had remaining into its body. Maria had also closely reached the wolf, she crouched down directly next to the man as she looked over its corpse.

Her hands placed onto its body and she began to chant a scripture, "oh light that guides me, heal the wounds of this mortal body."

The golden light weaved from her hands as it spread onto the wolf, slowly healing the injuries it sustained.

Ashe looked at this through gritted teeth, her heart had already begun to race once more as beats of drums spread through her body. The demonic energy rushed from the core within her heart as it transformed her blood.

'Kill them!'

That voice she had become so familiar with resounded into her head; choosing now, now that she was forcefully aware of her past, to break through her will. She tried to force it back as her head throbbed with pain. Sweat trickled down her forehead and her eyes lit ablaze with rapt heat. Slowly, she was beginning to feel the taste of blood trickling on her tongue, nauseatingly familiar; like the taste of rusted iron with the trickle of rain. Ever so familiar to herself. Like the blood she had drawn on that day; cold-almost piercingly so.

"Leave while you can." With the last shred of will she had remaining, she gave a warning.

"What do you mean?" Rain asked, feeling something was definitely far off with this girl.

Her body shuddered and he could clearly hear a rapt of breathing trickling his ears. His mystical eyes glanced over the body of the young girl, he could see her muscles tense and her heart beat ever increasing. He had a definite bad feeling about this, his head turned towards the group behind him.