[18]

His eyes had long since wandered around the now silent battlefield.

One and a half minutes.

'No, one minute and twenty-six seconds.' He lightly shook his head.

Not more, not less.

In fact, it would have been shorter if the ceaseless talking was to be removed.

Looking at that calm boy no taller than he, who stood above the stage, Rain wondered if he was aware of how ruthless he had been.

Like a broken doll, the man lay in front of him as the flames began to dissipate. His previous laughter was gone, replaced by the silence of his unconscious body. The previous brown rocky texture that had covered his skin had reverted back to the much earlier tanned skin tone. The leather armor that covered the chest of the figure was now nothing more than a charred waste, much less defending him from attacks, it couldn't even be worn as regular clothing in the near future.

Although the flames had previously covered the large area of the arena, all the person atop the stage did was snap his finger and they had dissipated in much the same way they had been birthed.

"Is there a reason he took it so far?" Rain turned towards the princess as he questioned.

"Hmm...I can't fully tell you...but..." Maria thought for a moment before revealing a bitter smile "do you ever wonder why, although he is a prince, he brings neither royal guards nor a personal guard?"

He realized, he had never questioned it, much less cross his mind. It was so natural, Arthur looked and acted not like a prince. His clothing was as casual as the clothe Maria wore, he also realized, this two-for the most part-did not seem like royalty.

Rain briefly eyed the emotionless guard that stood next to her, Ais, then turned his face to look at the boy that was descending down the stage.

There wasn't a trace of happiness on his face, nor was their excitement from having won the battle. His expression was the same as his normal state. It was as if he had expected such, and he showed no remorse for the state of the man atop the stage.

Was this the same person that had been playing with flames at the guild master's office?

Rain looked on the stage as the medical personals rushed to the crouching figure. Mages of the light element healed the man of the burns that crossed his body as golden light flashed in their hands. Then, they placed him upon a stretcher, before carrying him off the stage.

"You're next."

"Huh?" Rain regained his thoughts as he looked at the smiling face before him.

He thought to himself. This person that had just knocked a man unconscious, with that smile of his, he looked as if he hadn't even been there to experience it, much less been the actual culprit. Although a bit shorter than himself, Arthur still somehow gave off a small hint of a mature aura. Yet, most of the time, he liked to play the mischievous role his body's height had gifted onto him.

"It's your turn, remember the Rock Paper Scissors? It'd be Me, Then you, Then finally Ashe." The boy seemed more than glad to explain in full and, Rain was beginning to think, he was rather fond of doing just that.

However, this was one of the few attributes of the guy he didn't mind and, in fact, welcomed. Much rather than a person with no brain, he would be more inclined to talk to someone with swaggering smartness. Although, his smugness was a bit...

"Right." Rain nodded as he rid himself of his mindless thinking, his expression reverting to his original calm demeanor.

At the other side were the Howard trio, waiting to see their next opponent. He wasn't one to keep people waiting when there was no need.