[27] (1/2)

"What?" Maria tilted her head.

"I want you to kill me." The other replied calmly, stating the same thing again.

"No-I heard you the first instance." Maria furrowed her brows as she struggled to find the right words, "It's just that...I..."

"Why?" She finally pinpointed her choice and stared into the gray eyes before her.

True, she did remember the end of her last life. A silver blade slitting her own throat. However, still, why did this person want to kill herself as such? Wasn't she living right now, shouldn't she cherish it for this moment.

"Grab my hand." Her counterpart stretched her right hand forward.

Maria frowned, hesitantly held her hand forwards for a moment, yet, she still grabbed that hand with her own.

At the moment their grasps touched, she felt an energy draining out of her and at the same time her body began to limply fall.

****

She opened her eyes to a splitting ache resounding from her bloodied head. The brown ground beneath was drenched within the same red hue as the white blouse of dress that stuck to her body and her blackened hair illuminated by the crimson liquid.

The earth quaked beneath her feet and her body began to shiver in an automatic response. Swerving her head to look amidst the broken and mangled strew of corpses and brown patches of once entitled homes, her gray eyes immediately widened in horror.

An entity converted in blackened scales, its four legs stamping across the land and moving ever so fast towards her as it thundered against the ground, its teeth sharpened with bits and pieces of broken bones and mangled skin. Those desolate slits of eyes that looked like the boundless night sky mixed with a crimson iris stared directly into her own, she felt as if it looked at her as nothing more than pure food.

Something that could satiate its hunger for even a moment. It seemed to have a bottomless thirst for food, as if it had starved itself purposely for this moment. Having devoured over half of the nearly 250 people that lived within the village governed by her father, the village of Shellon, it still wanted more.

Her body shuddered.

She tried to stand as quickly as her rushed breaths of fear allowed her, yet, amidst a single step into the pool of blood that covered the entire landscape, a wince of pain echoed into her body and she immediately crunched back down.

Her body fell amidst the blood-stained streets.

She looked down onto her right leg and saw it mawed with teeth marks and almost certainly strained muscles or broken veins that spilled blood, her shoes far removed from what she assumed to be caused by the chaos.

However, still, she heard the crunch of wood beneath an overpowering force and the ground quaked into her ears.

She struggled with gritted teeth to stand, but to no avail.

At that moment, the loud roar of the beast shook her soul to the very depths.

Finally, there was an endless ringing in her head as she began to crawl amidst the streets like a broken puppet.

'I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die! I don't want to die!'