[2]

The ball hall, as it was built for, was used to celebrate anything the king was to deem worthy. Just as Arthur was born and celebrated, Maria had the same grand occasion thrusted onto her.

The chandeliers hung down in vibrant light created from the fluorescent glow of magic cores. Hanging like guardians above the mingling nobles of various lucrative outfits, it served to add to the already celebratory ambiance

Tables of both high-quality food and drinks decorated the already vibrant ball Hall.

Abraham held his head up high and his chest puffed out proudly. Like a guardian, he stood by the baby crib as he watched the nobles observing and saying their wishes to his new daughter. Every time a noble was to do so, he would nod proudly in an 'of course' manner before staring deeply at his child and once more beaming proudly.

It was as if he was telling everyone 'Hey! Do you see this? Do you see my cute daughter?'

His wife by his side, who was dressed elegantly in a single piece dress of green that matched well with her emerald eyes and cascading blonde hair, slowly shook her head in expressionless. Even her, the person who birthed the child did not have as much enthusiasm as this person she called a husband.

Not so much as a week had passed before this man before her had decided it was the right time to throw a party, invite all the high-class nobles, and flaunt his new found treasure.

Just then a certain duke walked over and pointed over to his son not far away, he smiled and spoke amiably "What do you think of my son?"

Abraham did not even so much as take a glance in the direction the man had pointed, he simply scoffed "Your son is unworthy of my daughter!"

How could he ever have the thought of marrying his daughter off?

It didn't matter if the noble's son was handsome, nor did it matter if his son was a gifted child of heaven. Heck! It didn't matter if the duke's son was even a knight in shining armor or a prince of a larger kingdom. Could he possibly have an overall rank of S at birth? Abraham didn't think so and, frankly, he didn't so much as take a moment of his time to care or deeply ponder about it.

All he knew was that no one was coming between him and his daughter, he would spend every moment of his and her life to care for her every need. Even if she wanted to move a mountain because it blocked the sun, he would have it done one way or the other.

Just thinking about his future life made his smile grow as fantasies filled his mind.

He would frolic in the highly decorated garden with her. He would tell her bedtime stories as he kissed her to sleep. He would partake in her cooking and, even if it didn't taste so well, gladly praise her to the high heavens. He would throw her up in the air, catch her, and spin her around the world. Finally, maybe he would beat up a few of the men chasing after her hand in marriage! Everything was a possibility!

However, just as he was engrossed in a fantasy of the future, he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head as a 'thud' resounded harshly.

"What!? Who removed me from my fantas-I mean-Who dares harm this king!?" His loud roar echoed amidst the halls as his eyes gleamed daggers around the grand ball.

Martha raised her brows, and with a light smile said: "It was me, what are you going to do?"

Abraham quickly flipped around, and with a loving smile, held his wife's hands in his "I'm going to pat your hand of course and ask you if you hurt yourself when you smacked me."

"Oh please," Martha snorted in return before pointing at a group of nobles ahead "anyway, some of your counselors want to have some sort of political discussion with you."