[29] (1/2)

It all happened too fast.

He felt a force pound against his body as he was sent hurtling sideways. In time, the only thing he saw as he skidded against the floor was a spark of light followed by the sound of clanging metal against metal.

Raising his head with effort, his vision still a bit blurry from having the air knocked out of him, he saw another spark of blades meeting.

The two faced each other, their respective weapons in steadiness between them, and their faces scrunched to look at one another.

"So you're the little kid's 'knight' eh?" The assassin grunted as he pushed against the blade of his opponent. His brown hair crude and his dark hazel eyes glimmering with a certain sadistic intent.

Wearing an armor of mostly brown leather, and a final cloak of black around his mouth, he stood against the blonde knight with a sneerfully radiating face. Even with his mouth hidden, it was quite easy to tell this man held a mocking smile on his face. Either for the fulfillment of disregard or in confidence of his own abilities.

However, Layfon Allen remained silent, his pale blue eyes slightly narrowing under the golden hair that outstretched his youthful facial features. He wore a light armor of nothing more than a simple iron chest plate, arm guards, and a shoe of opened toes that also served as ankle guards; all of white lined with azure. Below all that, he was outfitted in cotton clothing of dark blue.

He held the golden hilt of his sword, it's thin blade stuck between two crossed daggers. Since the beginning, he had maintained a frown. However, he was bound to speak his first words.

"<Lightning Coat>."

A golden spark instantly bloomed onto his blade, growing with every passing second as streaks of small lightning served to form around it like a storm. Like the chirping of a hundred birds in unison, It echoed amidst the wide chamber and pierced the ears of all within.

Seeing the sparks of lightning wallowing across the blade of his opponent, the assassin immediately kicked his legs and jumped backwards. He wasn't an idiot so to speak, why would he await the attack of his opponent?

However, would Layfon give him the chance?

Taking a step forwards, his blade immediately traced through the air like the crack of lightning.

However...

"<Pull>." The grim voice spoke quite sneeringly.

The long table behind the assassin immediately sprang into motion, the books scattered into the air of whichever way as the surface they sat upon sprung away. His hand clawed out behind him, grabbing at the edge of the wooden table that had appeared, forcing himself up with a single hand, his body flipped over in time.

Layfon's blade found nothing more than contact with the table as it crackled in light.

It instantly sliced through the whole of the wooden structure in a clean sweep, as it chirped like the tweeting of countless birds.

A loud crash resounded as the two split parts of the item crashed against the floor in a whirl of wind.

Arthur looked to his left and right to see a whole area disregarded by the broken joints. Even more so, looking closely, they seemed to be scorch marks of black along the strike zone of the mangled table.

Yes, currently, they were within the royal library, the place where he most liked to read and the area where he could be found throughout most of the day. He was currently hunched over a grabbing at his stomach that had been kicked in by his own personal knight to force him to evade the daggered blades of the assassin. After all, Layfon's job was to protect him no matter which way he did.