[19]

On the day, just before she was set to depart, she had been called upon for a small chat.

The two had sat, face to face, with a circular table between them. The maids had served tea and left the area as quickly as they had came.

On that lusciously decorated balcony, she had watched as the right hand of her savior slowly drank a sip of her tea before finally speaking up. The star's shining in the night sky against the blackened earth of the demon realm, and the eyes of Shelt looking into her's as if to read her thoughts.

"I'm sure I don't need to remind you," The calm-voice had entrapped her "we serve our Lord, and whatever you do will reflect upon her image."

"I don't care if you take your revenge or if you create chaos within the human realm."

"However..." The earlier calming voice was replaced by an icily piercing tone.

"Your mission is still the same: Return with an account of the nearest kingdom and its military might."

"One month, no sooner or later, we will invade."

Watching the twinkling stars just behind that fading voice, Ashe had wondered if time had ever been as kind enough as it had that day. One month was a seemingly short margin of time to do all she wished within that realm, yet, it was the longest of brief breath she had had since.

When she escaped, her life had been nothing but of pursuit and escape. She hadn't had this much time to catch herself before.

When she finally found shelter, she had pushed herself to regain control of her body. To control the powers that had been forcefully fed into her.

"I'll be honest." The calming voice traced her back into reality.

"Although you have learned to control your transformation. Your strength is still aways from being grasped in your hands."

***

Unconsciously, she gritted her teeth tightly as her pristine white fangs grew by a bit and the crunching sound reverted into her ears.

She had begun to realize, she hungered for battle; no, she hungered for blood. Was it when she first escaped? Was it when she struggled to find shelter? Was it when she forcefully kept her mind from going berserk? Or was it the countless times spent amidst the raging tide of the dungeons in order to control her strength?

'I should have killed them all when I had the chance.' Those were her true thoughts.

Emotions were the most important attribute of half-bloods. Controlling it was the same thing as controlling your power; especially so for transformation types like herself.

At that time, the time where she had escaped with her life hanging on the line, she could do nothing to control her transformation. With rage, sorrow, and anger swirling inside of her all at once, she was in a state of full transformation. There was no reverting back until her mind would calm.

No matter where she went, she was never allowed. The ridiculing faces, the sneers, the horrific screams of the people's voices when they saw her true figure under the cloak. The city guards that chased her down, and her rags of bloodied dirt.

Being classified as a demon; ultimately, she decided to become just that and ventured into the demon realm. Turning her back on the world she once watched in the backstreets of the cities, the world her brother had once guided her through, and the world they had agreed to seek together.

Since that day, she had learned the definition of regret. Regret that she had failed to carry her brother's corpse in hand. Regret that she had put an end to his misery with her own hands. And regret that she hadn't dyed the whole of the land with the blood of the cursed clan.