32- The Invitation✉️

I walk outside in the spring breeze. The mail truck came today and I opened my mailbox and took out some letters. Most of it was junk mail as I scanned through them until I stopped when my eyes landed on this one letter. It had a wax seal With a crest on it. On the seal was a large C' as it had some small little designs around it.

I walk back inside and place them on the counter in my kitchen. But still held onto the wax sealed letter. I wonder what could be inside. I sat down in a chair examining it before I opened it. When I had my fingers ready to open it I felt arms snake around my neck.

"What's that?" Evan asked.
"I don't know but let's find out." I open it and it was a invitation inside. It was hand written in fancy letters.

Dear Jonathan,

           You have been invited to a ball. Only few were invited. Please dress formal attire for this ball. There will be music, dancing, and all you can eat buffet. You may also bring a friend with you if you like.

            ~ your cousin Sky

"Sky since wen do you host balls!"
"Who she?"
"She is my youngest cousin. And she runs a makeup company that is pretty popular. I'm pretty sure the ball is about the make up. You like go there and learn more about it probably. But I know that they will have make up samples. So lots of women will be there of course." I explained to him. My cousin isn't much of a social person but I bet she need to promote her makeup company.

"We should go."
"What! I don't even know how to dance!" I placed the letter down getting up walking into the living room.
"What come on, I can teach you." He fastened his pace to walk with me.
"Sure you can." I said sarcastically.

"I can!" He grabbed my hand and put me close to him. "Put you right hand here and your left hand here."
"What I'm not the girl you still need to teach me the guys role. I'm not just going to dance with you what if some girls want to dance with me."
"I will but right now you are the girl."
"Fine!" He started to talk about which ways to step and I was starting to get it.

"One, two, three, one, two, three." He repeated this until I got it down. "The guys role is simple it's the same steps but different hand positions. Since I'm now the girl you going to take my hand and place your other hand on my hip."

I did what he said and we started to do the steps. "This is kinda fun."
"See your getting it. The ball is in two days so this should give us time to get nice attire."

"Yeah your right." He stopped but still held onto me.
"Let's get dressed and go out."
"Okay.

----------------------------------------------

"Evan!!" He ran into our room.
"What! Did something happen!?"
"Yes! I can't find your jacket!"
"You mean the one hanging downstairs next the door." I scratched my head.

"What I looked." I walked downstairs with Evan. I looked at the coat hanger not see his jacket. "See it's not there." He walked up to the coats and moved one, showing the jacket.
"Sometimes you have to move things."
"Oh." He gave the jacket to me, and I put it on. We walked outside and into my car.

Downtown was the best place to go. They had all these stores and I did see a men's store one day.
I pulled up into a parking spot and we got out with me locking the car.
"I want to check out this store first. If that's fine."
"Sure you know around this place more then I do." We held hands as we walked into the Men's store.

They had so many fancy suits to try on. I knew I had to look good for the ball so Evan and I started to look around trying stuff on.