Chapter 5

The way you woke up was anything but graceful, your hair knotted and tied together in a greasy clump. You lifted your head slightly, squinting as a harsh light shone through your bedroom window; you gave a slow blink, eyes feeling sticky from the amount of sleep that had built up in your eyes. You inhaled, arms stretching above your head with satisfying snaps. You then proceeded to do the same for your legs, a large yawn resonating from your throat

You drowsily ran your fingers through your locks, cursing slightly as you got caught on a lump. Gingerly, you gave a swift tug as you pulled out a section of your hair by mistake. Ah well, you had plenty of hair to spare. A few little strains would do no harm.

You rose from your bed, swinging your legs over the edge so you could stand up. You went to grab your phone on the bedside table, wondering how long you had been asleep for. To be honest, this must've been the best sleep you've had in a while, the exhaustion from yesterday completely forgotten once you surrendered to the unconscious.

You brought your eyes to the digital clock and froze at the numbers displayed.

1:29pm

Really? You'd been asleep that long? Well, considering you went to bed at around midnight, it was assumed that you would be sleeping in a little bit anyway. But sleeping well past noon? That was a little excessive, even for you.

With a quiet hum, you made your way to the door and proceeded to walk towards the kitchen you and Hailey shared. The two of you had been living together for a while now and thankfully you were pretty good at living with each other. You would often share responsibilities around that apartment, this included cleaning, shopping for necessities and giving each other space when they needed it. Specifically Hailey since she would bring the occasional 'friend' over. This never bothered you of course, she was a responsible girl who could make adult decisions. But if she ever got out of line, you made sure to scold her like a proper friend would. Honestly, at this point you were basically sisters.

You gave a lengthy, low sigh. Moving away from all of this would definitely be bittersweet to say the least. With all the memories you had made, it was going to be hard to leave them all behind.

Once in the kitchen, you reached towards the cupboards to grab a large mug. Beside it was a powdered hot chocolate mixture ready for easy pouring. You put the brown powder into the cup, sprinkling in a few extra teaspoons for added sweetness. At this rate it'd be completely black by the time water was introduced. You began to hum a little diddy of some song you heard recently on the radio, nodding your head as your focus remained on pouring hot water into the cup. Dunking a spoon in the liquid, you spun it around, grinning at the satisfying noise it made.

You had been so absorbed in your task that you hadn't even noticed Hailey coming around the corner, her head poking out from the wall with a wide smile. "About time you woke up, Sleepy head!" You let out a shrill scream, violently jerking your cup backwards in shock. To your dismay scalding liquid jumped from the mug, splattering across the white tiled floor. You grimaced as a few droplets found their way onto your hand, the heat becoming unbearable as you shuffled to put the cup down somewhere.

You turned to glare at Hailey, frantically waving your hand as you tried to cool it down. "Hailey, what the actual Hell? I could've seriously burned myself!" Your eyes fell to the dirty floor next, a loud huff snuck through your lips. "Ahh, the floor is soaked. Good thing it wasn't on the carpet this time around..." That's right, Hailey had once spilt tea all over the carpet of the living room, a light ginger stain still visible to this day. They got quite a scolding from the landlord when she saw the permanent spot; if another one happen, she would've made you pay for a new carpet.

Hailey began to stutter an apology, running to the cleaning cupboard while she looked for a mop. Once found she let out a sheepish laugh as she cleaned the mess up. "Sorry about that, (Y/N). Just wanted to make sure you were fully awake."