Chapter 24

After an exciting night of helping the boys film one of their videos, you had most certainly clocked out the moment you entered your apartment. You had practically thrown yourself onto the bed, almost forgetting to take your coat off beforehand. Needless to say, the thick covers receive you with open arms, wrapping you in a gentle, lulling hug as it rocked you into a much awaited slumber.

Waking up was a different story; it was much harder to do. The glaring rays of the morning burst through your window, partially blinding you as your eyes fluttered open. You hissed in annoyance, halfway between a stretch and an unpleasant groan as you tried to adjust to the harshness. Yawning, you shook your head fitfully, pushing out any lingering grogginess as you swung your feet over the bed's edge; you made your way to the living room.

Still feeling a little tired, you plopped yourself onto the grey futon, letting out a drawn out sigh; the puff of air echoed throughout the room. The apartment was quiet, void of any noise save for the dainty hum of the nearby appliances. It was almost lonely in a sense, the atmosphere coated in an underlying layer of forlorn. It was moments like this where you wished you still had a roomate with you, specifically Hailey. It had be close to a month since you had moved away, each day feeling more and more somber when you realized how far away your best friend was.

Well, it wasn't all bad really. You guys still talked for an hour each day, sending out a flurry of texts to each other. Depending on how juicy the story was, the two of you would be chatting away on your phones, laughing, screeching or shouting with how ridiculous the combined tales were. She was still with you no matter how far the distance.

However, for some reason her usual punctualness had been lacking recently, responding to your texts in the middle of the night or flat out missing your morning calls. It was really odd seeing as she wasn't busy that time of the day across the ocean; she was almost always free. Even today when you had tried to reach her she hadn't picked up her phone, sending you straight to her familiar voicemail. Like always, you left a message scolding her for not answering.

You hung up once the message was received, slouching down on the couch in defeat. Just when you had wanted to hear your best friend's voice the most, she remained as silent as your empty apartment. Admittedly it stung a lot, filling your heart with a dagger of gloom and the creeping feeling of rejection. Damn, how vulnerable had you become this month? It felt like every emotion was out to confuse you.

Deciding to move on for the time being, you remembered the event that you had been excited for yesterday, your eyes lighting up in delight. Oh yeah! Phil's video should be out today! Luckily for you, your laptop had been left on the coffee table in anticipation for today. You booted up the device, quickly clicking on the newly bookmarked site of Youtube. Remembering the channel name Dan had told you a while back, you typed it into the search bar, delighted when you saw a familiar looking image- It was Dan and Phil holding up their monstrosities of a drawing.

You eagerly clicked the video and were greeted by your two friends, only digital now.

"Hey guys! So as you could probably tell by the title, Dan and I are going to be doing-"

"AHHHHHH! This ain't no PINOF preview, lads! HaHA! You've been fooled!" You giggled when Dan interrupted Phil's intro, remembering how surprised he had been when Dan screeched loudly, letting out a boastful and comedic laugh. Though you had no idea what a PINOF was; Phil said he'd explain another day.

"Of course it's not, Dan. It's nowhere near November! No, today we'll be drawing some pictures for you, only this time..." Phil then uncapped the marker, zooming in and adding a shaking effect as he held it in his other hand. "We'll be using our non dominant hands!"