Chapter 45

Tomorrow was today. Er, was it today tomorrow? This was tomorrow, today?

You placed a finger to your aching temple as you tried to compose your erratic thoughts from this morning. Your head had been in a swim ever since Dan had suggested his plans last night, practically tickling your spine with the way he whispered those words without warning.

A date? Did he seriously ask you on a date?

You felt your chest clench as your heart swelled, an uneven rhythm of excitement drumming through your body. A wobbly grin kept making an appearance, the awkward smile feeling as though it was a permanent part of your face. When you had woken up this morning you were convinced it had all been a dream, a lovely, perfect and amazing dream. It wasn't until you saw Dan in the living room that you understood the reality of the situation. There was no dream. This was a real interaction that had taken place last night!

That would also mean the two of you had shared a blanket during the movie, practically cuddling with each other as you stared blankly at the television, unfazed by the gore in front of you. Honestly, how could you have even focused in the first place? Everything that had happened was unreal!

When you had awoken this morning, you were greeted to the sight of the boys tidying up their belongings. They had opted to sleep on the floor despite your best efforts for them to switch places with you. Both lads were dead set on letting you have your bed no matter what, protesting whenever you muttered the slightest bit of concern.

"Don't even worry about us, (Y/N)." Piped Phil as he rolled up his blankets from the night before. Dan seemed to be looking over his shoulder, mirroring the same movements as Phil. "We slept quite well last night. Your floor is surprisingly comfortable!" Once his blanket was secured, he shoved his pillow in the middle, completing his fabric sushi roll.

You crossed your arms, looking directly at Phil as you pivoted your body to avoid looking at a certain someone in the room. It was too risky right now. You could already feel a blush creeping upwards. "Well, alright. If you say so. Still, I can't help but feel guilty that you guys went through all this trouble and still had to sleep on a hard surface. Do you want me to pay you back somehow?"

Phil shook his head, awkwardly bringing his blanket bunch under his arm. It appeared that they were ready to leave. You quickly checked your phone's clock; Wow, 11:32 AM! It was already so late in the morning? "Don't even start, (Y/N)! This was our way of treating you to a special night, so don't think you have to pay us back! We did this for you. That's what friends are for, right?" The raven-haired man turned to look at Dan, doing a once over around the living room so as to not leave anything behind. "Ready to go, Dan?"

Dan looked up, momentarily brushing his eyes over you before quickly ducking his head down. "Yeah," he mumbled quietly, shoveling his belongings into his arms. "Though I wish you had brought some toiletries with you. Otherwise we wouldn't have to bolt like we are now." You could hear a slight whine to his voice. It sounded like he didn't want to leave quite yet. You felt a small smile stretch across your lips.

"I know, sorry. I didn't expect myself to have much room when I brought things here, so I just brought the essentials." Phil looked towards you, offering an apologetic smile. "Sorry we're heading out so soon. We don't want to stink up your place with our morning grossness is all!"

You let out a loud cackle, waving a dismissive hand. "Like I give two shits about that. You guys are welcome here anytime, be it gross and stinky or clean as a whistle." You looked at Phil, directing a smile his way. You then looked over at Dan, feeling slightly more unstable when he came into view. "I can't thank you guys enough for last night. I really needed that. After all that happened... it was nice to have a fun distraction with all of you."