Chapter 14

"These two are so in love with each other, there's no denying it. I mean, they're practically skating as a means to flirt with one another."

You sat attentively on the couch in front of the television, your body hunched over into a comfortable ball as you nibbled away at your newly acquired pizza courtesy of Phil himself. The warm slice of heaven melted once it touched your mouth, the delightfully vibrant flavours instantly coating your tastebuds. You continued to gnaw away at the treat, eyes still glued to the interesting show being played for you.

It was an anime featuring an assortment of male figure skaters, all of which would grace the ice with such elegant moves. The two main characters obviously had a thing for each other, the younger one named Yuri constantly getting flustered over his skating idol and coach, Victor. Paired with the mesmerising animations and gorgeous soundtrack, it was hard to look away for even a second; it was an amazing show so far. Of course, you couldn't risk looking away anyhow seeing as the whole show was in Japanese and you needed to read the subtitles to understand anything.

When you asked about why they weren't watching it in English, the two boys just stared at you, claiming that subs were always superior compared to the dub. Unsure of why this was important, you just shrugged and went along with it.

"Oh trust me, they're absolutely a thing. Just wait until episode 7 when they-"

"Shh! Dan, shut up!" A rouge pillow came flying through the air, nailing Dan right in the face. Dan gave a surprised gasp, the sound muffled by the fabric. You looked over to the floor where Phil was leaning against the couch, an irritated look on his face. "Don't tell her about that. She needs to watch it for herself!"

Dan removed the pillow from his face, setting it down on his lap. He scoffed, crossing his arms in annoyance. "Oh right, says you Phil. How many times have you spoiled a show for me, hmm?" Dan lightly tossed the pillow towards his friend, aiming for his face as payback for before.

Phil gave a surprised squeak as the pillow soared over his head, the airborne weapon just barely grazing the top of his hair. The pillow had managed to pull his hairline back, revealing his previously hidden forehead. You giggled as Phil huffed angrily, trying his best to get rid of the unplanned quiff.

You gave a reassuring smile towards Phil. "You don't look half bad like that. You could try parting your hair like that in the future."

When his hair was back in place, Phil grinned and shook his head. "No thanks, I'll be keeping my fringe for the time being. I don't think the fans could handle another drastic hair change. Just look at Dan; people practically lost their minds when he embraced his hobbit curls!"

"Oh?" You tilted your head in confusion, glancing over at Dan to observe his curly chestnut locks. It was honestly hard to imagine him with any other hairstyle, this one suited him quite nicely. "How did your hair change? Was it like a haircut or something?"

Dan breathed out a little laugh, unconsciously running his fingers through his hair. "Well, not exactly. See, back when I was younger I had some cringy long hair, and I mean cringy. I was an aspiring emo kid from the 2000's who was forced to steal their mother's hair straightener for that perfect look. Let me tell you, it was far from perfect." Dan's face scrunched up into an uncomfortable expression as he remembered his early years, his cheeks coated in a light pink blush. "Ugh, it was so bad!"

You snickered, finding amusement in his embarrassment. He immediately noticed this and practically screeched with displeasure as he demanded for you to stop laughing. This only made you giggle more. "I'm sorry, but I find it funny that you did that! Man, those pictures must be something to look at."

Phil spoke up from the floor with a sing-song tone. "I can show you pictures if you want, even his videos too!" He pushed himself off of the floor, grabbing his phone as he took a seat beside you. However, Dan was having none of his threats as he quickly reached over to Phil, awkwardly stretching over you as he tried to retrieve the phone from his friend's hands.

"Don't show her! Don't you fucking dare, Lester!"

Phil raised his eyebrows in a sassy manor, a mischievous smirk plastered to his face as he avoided Dan's grasp. "She'll see them eventually. She'll be hanging out with us now, so it was only a matter of time before she got to see all of what we've done. Oh, here's the one where he-"

"Phiiiiiil!"

You tried to follow Phil's phone screen as he waved numerous pictures in front of your face, your eyes desperately trying to make out what was displayed on the screen. You could see what looked like a younger Dan, a light brown llama on his head at he gave a half-assed smolder towards the camera; his hair long and pin straight.

Oh wow, the past cringe could be felt

"I will take that phone and shove it up your-"

"And this one's from a fancy dinner we went to with our friend Louise, I'll tell you about the aftermath later..."

"Goddamn it, Phil!"

Dan suddenly stood up, his face flushing up a fierce storm as he finally retrieved the phone, quickly- yet gently- throwing the phone onto a nearby chair away from Phil's grasp. Phil let out a whimper of protest, frowning up at Dan. "Aww, but I didn't even get to the funny ones yet."

You almost felt bad with how embarrassed Dan was, his whole face engulfed with a burning red glow. "I look like a dork in those photos!"

Though you did feel sympathy for him, that didn't stop you for finding this whole situation humorous. "Oh come on, Dan. You looked fine, actually you were pretty cute!"

He froze, a sudden bashful nature surrounded him. "Uh... W-well wouldn't say that really..."

"Please, I thought you looked nice. Though I do think I prefer your current look, the curls fit you so well. Honestly it's so nice to look at, you have no idea."

"T-thanks (Y/N)..."

"Yeah, no probl-" Now it was your turn to freeze up, your blood running cold before it all rushed to you cheeks. God, you really had no filter. You had just complimented him in the most awkward way possible; a barrage of you observations! Shit, now I made it unintentionally weird! Agh! "-em, what episode are w-we on now? Episode 6?"

Dan seemed to regain his composure, through his eyes refused to look at you as he made his way back to the spot beside you on the couch. It felt like there was more space between the two of you; had he shifted a little bit? "Ah, n-no, this is episode 7. Oh, oh! Wait! (Y/N), this is the one you have to watch, the thing happens!"

Phil's eyes lit up at the mention of this so called 'thing', nudging you to look back at the screen. "Oh (Y/N), you're gonna love this episode. If you think Yuri and Victor like each other, just wait until you see them kiss, it's really-"

"Phil, you idiot!" Dan barked, flailing his arms in disbelief. "Here you were warning me not to ruin the surprise while you fucking tell her the whole secret! Unbelievable!"

"O-oh, sorry (Y/N). I guess I got excited..." Phil nodded apologetically towards you, bowing his head in shame at the slip up.

You sighed, not really bothered by the spoiler. "That's okay, let's just watch the episode. I want to see it for myself at least!"

Phil nodded, setting up the next episode to play on the screen. There you sat, the middle portion between two grown men as you hungrily watched the anime in front of you. You hardly noticed when the space between you and Dan began to shorten, the previous distance forgotten as the two of you sat closer.

The episode was soon over, and there was only one thing on your mind.

Holy shit, they actually kissed! They're totally a thing, Oh my God!

A/N: Hello! Been a little while! Sorry it's so short, I wanted to at least have something here instead of accidentally postponing it longer. Been super busy recently so I could only fit in a tiny writing session. Hope all is well!

Tootaloo~