Chapter 12

Dan couldn't believe he was actually doing this. He had agreed to play tour guide with Phil for the entire day, offering to show (Y/N) around their busy home. Not that he minded, he was secretly excited to do it. The only problem he had was how his pride had been hurt when he was forced to take (Y/N)'s extra coat. Thankfully for Dan, it was black and matched perfectly with his desired attire.

He didn't want to admit it, but he knew it was going to be fucking cold today. Even as Phil mothered him about wearing one he had refused, the anticipation of seeing (Y/N) making him want to rush out immediately. He was completely baffled as to why he was so eager to see her, maybe it was just the circumstance of seeing that girl against all ridiculous odds? There was something fantastical about it, so it was most likely normal for anyone to be drawn towards it.

"Dan, are you listening to me?"

Phil's voice tugged Dan back to reality, a sheepish grin forming on his face. "Uh, sorry. Must've gotten distracted. What did you say again?"

His friend's stark blue eyes rolled in annoyance, repeating himself once more. "I said- where should we stop first? A run around the street, a walk through the park? (Y/N) can't decide where she'd like to go first."

"Oh, uh..." Dan though for a moment, stealing a glance towards the girl's direction. She was the farthest away from Dan, Phil serving as the wall that separated the two. It was hard to get a glimpse of her while she hid behind Phil's tall figure, matching his stride as to not get left behind. It was kind of adorable in his eyes. Wait, no. That's an odd word choice to use. She's probably a shy person, maybe?

"Why don't we start with the park? We could stop off somewhere to eat after we show her around a little. Is that okay with you, Phil?" His friend nodded contently, his eyes automatically shifting towards (Y/N). Dan took this as an excuse to address her directly. "Is that okay with you, (Y/N)?"

The girl jumped slightly, quickly regaining her composure with a small smile, her (E/C) eyes flashing towards Dan's own. They were so bright not just in the sense of colour, but liveliness, dazzling sparks dancing attuned in her iris'. While her eyes were alit with animation, her voice was quite the opposite; the faint trace of a nervous stutter hidden beneath the surface. "Yeah, that's alright with me." Why did she seem so nervous around him?

Phil placed his hands into his pockets, reving up his walking speed. "Okay guys let's get going then! Try to keep up, new girl!" He then broke out into a playful jog, his long legs stretching into an awkwardly excited trot.

(Y/N) gave an amused smirk, her voice now spirited and void of any previous nervousness. "Hey, no fair! You guys have way longer legs than I do! Wait up!" She soon broke out into a run, leaving Dan behind in a slight daze. She was more comfortable around Phil than she was with him? Why was that; had he done something wrong?

Dan decided to forget that thought for now and began picking up the pace, matching speeds with Phil as the group jogged like some sort of synchronized team. A few of the passersby gave them strange looks, quickly shuffling out of the way as they all barreled towards the nearby park. Dan sighed harshly, the cold air gripping his vulnerable lungs. "Phil, can we please slow down? (Y/N) and I are literally recovering from the fucking flu!"

Dan glanced over at (Y/N), her cheeks flushed as she tried to match the pace, her breathing rough and strained. It must've been harder for her to catch up because of the stupid height difference they shared. Dan gave a low growl of annoyance, tugging harshly on Phil's coat as he yanked him backwards. "Can't you see that (Y/N) is struggling to keep up? Slow down, will you!"

Phil gave a surprised yelp when Dan pulled him back, almost losing his balance as he tried not to tumble to the ground. He looked over a (Y/N), a guilty look consuming his features. "Oh my god, I'm sorry about that! I was just so excited to show you around! I'm really sorry, (Y/N)."