Chapter 27

(Y/N)'s words echoed through the dark flat, an eerie whistle slinking through the trees as pellets of ice danced across the window's glassy surface. This, paired with the ominous darkness from lack of electricity, made the apartment feel especially creepy. While there wasn't much light to begin with, Phil could still make out the slight movement of Dan beside him, sending vicious shivers through his body as his heart rate picked up. "Dan! You scared me!" Phil clutched his chest, the irregular drum of his heart slowing down once he could partially see both Dan and (Y/N)'s shadowy silhouettes.

"Jesus Phil! Your voice scared me more than I scared you!" Dan's hand reached out to the open air, momentarily swiping across Phil's arm; a girly scream ensued. Phil yelped loudly, causing Dan to reel back in panic. As a domino effect, (Y/N) screeched inhumanly as the sudden noise spooked her. Soon enough, the flat was filled with the confused screams of three young adults frantically falling in the dark, trying to make sense of why they were yelling.

"Okay guys, we gotta stop!" (Y/N)'s voice rose through the noise, silencing both of the boys' distraught panic. When they had finally calmed down, (Y/N) cleared her throat, a little strained from her shrieks. "Oh my God, you guys scream like girls!"

Both Dan and Phil looked to their sides, presumably to look at each other through a sort of practiced reflex. The two men cried out incredulously at the claim, defending their more-than-manly screams.

"I don't scream like a girl!", screeched Dan loudly, the sound of air moving through his arms as he waved them in the dark. "I just have a great set of lungs!"

"Yeah," countered Phil. "And I'm just a naturally born soprano!" If there was any light present in the flat, one would be able to see the embarassed faces and crossed arms of both boys, their lips out in a defensive pout.

(Y/N) snickered in the dark, not believing their excuses for one second. "Oh, alright. I'll make sure to catch your musical number this coming weekend. Make sure to save a seat for me; front row, friend's discount. Now-" (Y/N)'s foot tapped against the floor, keeping the flat alive with some sort of noise. "-what do we do now?"

"Well for starters, we should at least eat the pizza. Don't want it going cold, right? Would be quite the shame." Phil nodded in the dark, agreeing with his flatmate. (Y/N) let out a grunt of confirmation, the sound of her rustling on the couch as she leaned towards the table to snag a slice of pizza. Phil fet around for a plate on the table, grabbing the ceramic slate and carefully placing a piece of food on it. Phil sighed, thankful that the pizza was warm. However, he was a little uncomfortable with the rapidly decreasing temperature of the room, feeling an episode of shivers approaching. For now he wouldn't worry about it; he had a date with some decorated cheese bread.

For a while all three of them sat in total darkness, making pleasant small talk in between bites of food. Every so often, two people would grab for the same slice of pizza, an awkward round of 'guess-who' playing out as they blindly apologize to whomever was reaching. One time Phil had brushed up against (Y/N)'s hand; a humorous apology and battle for the slice ensued. Soon after, (Y/N) had accidentally brushed up against Dan's hand; the two of them stuttered out hasty apologizes, each one shyly offering the slice to the other. In the end, no one could decide, so Phil had to take it.

Phil couldn't help but shake his head at how clueless these two were being. With the majority of his sight cut off, Phil's other senses began to heighten. One of these included his sixth sense; the ability to tell when someone liked the other but wouldn't admit it! Honestly, (Y/N) and Dan were so obvious yet they couldn't even see it! It baffled Phil to no end. Heck, if he could tell then surely they could tell as well. Yet when he observed their mannerisms towards each other, it was clear that none of them were willing to act upon their feelings. Phil thought to himself countless times of how he could easily make them see it, yet he thought it would be more fun to see it all play out. Besides, it wasn't his place to mettle in the first place.