Chapter 39*

*This is just a little warning for anyone who feels uncomfortable with allusions towards unwanted sexual advances and actions. While this passage does not contain explicit content, it still alludes to things that may make some people feel uncomfortable. Proceed with caution when reading (Y/N)'s part.

 Thank you.*

Dan couldn't breathe; his lungs had suddenly gone on lock down mode upon hearing (Y/N)'s delicate whisper, her voice shuttering from pure terror. In addition to her unstable voice, her words were alarmingly slurred, each word sounding painfully difficult to utter. Her breathing sounded quick and light through the phone, as if she were purposely keeping the noise to a bare minimum. Somewhere in the background, Dan could hear the enraged shouting of some unknown man. Judging by his tone it sounded like he was out to get someone— this frightened Dan even more.

"(Y/N)?! What's wrong?! A-are you okay?!" As Dan held the phone closer to his ear, Phil emerged from the bathroom, a cloth pressed against his face as he wiped away the remaining toothpaste suds from when he was brushing his teeth. He looked towards Dan in confusion, arching an eyebrow in curiosity. Dan whipped around to look at his friend, his eyes wide; Phil immediately got the message that something was terribly wrong. He ran to Dan's side, prompting Dan to put the phone on speaker so the two of them could hear clearly. "(Y/N), where are you?!"

The line was silent for a bit before the ragged breathing of (Y/N) etched its way across the speaker, her strained voice sending chills up both of the boy's spines. "I... I was tricked... I've been drugged... the bar and... Ryan is still here..."

As much as Dan wanted to hear every last drop of what she was saying, it was unbearably difficult to let her finish. Each of her slurred sentences both paralyzed and filled the boys with heavy dread whenever they were quietly uttered. It didn't take a genius to figure out that she was keeping her voice down for a reason. "(Y/N), y-you're hiding... aren't you?"

Again, the line was silent for a few moments. (Y/N) let out a shaky sigh on the other end, her words strained and cracking as she desperately tried to keep herself hushed while she cried. "...Yes. Yes I—" Her whimpered filled the line. "I'm so scared..."

Dan's entire body was shaking as (Y/N) spoke, feeling incredibly lightheaded from the shock. Dan looked over at Phil, noticing how he already had a coat on, his phone in hand as he talked to the dispatcher on the other side. Dan couldn't hear what Phil was saying, his words sounding muffled and incoherent as panic took hold of his senses. All he could hear was the deafening noise of his heartbeat resonating in his eardrums, muting his surroundings— save for (Y/N) on the phone. He could still hear her clear as day. "(Y-Y/N), where are you? We're coming to get you. Please, can you stay on the line? W-we—" Dan felt choked by his last words, tears beginning to dot his eyes. "I'm coming to get you. (Y/N), I'm coming to get you, okay?" On the other side of the line, there was a man creating a loud ruckus, his swears echoing menacingly through the phone— he sounded closer than before. "(Y/N)! Where are you?! Please!"

"I-I don't know."

Dan held his head in his hands, taking an unstable seat on the couch as terror induced frustration flowed through his veins. "Damnit!" He curled his fists, bringing them down on the coffee table with great force. His hand were left with a painful ache afterwards, but this was the least of his concerns. A mere gust of wind compared to what was unfolding before him. "Give us anything! You came from a bar, yes? The name? Anything that sticks out where you are?"

"There's... a bike rack. Yellow... took ten minutes from the bar... I'm in an alley..."

Dan was so focused listening to (Y/N)'s cryptic description that he missed Phil's ears perk at the mention of this detail. "Okay! (Y/N), we're coming to look for you now. Just stay on the line an—"