Chapter 33

Within the first few minutes of Hailey's arrival, she was already sentenced to your room to catch up on her sleep. As you were dragging her towards the bed, she mumbled some words about how clean it looked; you beamed happily at her kind words. Like a mother who gave encouraging coos to her children, you whispered soothing words as your friend passed out in your bed. The poor girl was beat. Her usual chatty nature was nowhere to be seen, exhaustion overtaking her ability to form coherent sentences. You figured she'd be sleeping for a few hours so it was best if you left her alone to recharge. Once she was all snuggled underneath your covers, you slowly edged your way out of the room, gently closing the door behind you.

Once in the hallway, you let out a sigh of relief. She had made it here in one piece and now you could finally relax. You made your way to the couch, plopping yourself down in a rather ungraceful manor. The futon's hard cushions felt like sandpaper compared to your lush bed, the bitter realization that you'd be stuck here for a few days making you frown. It was only a few days— you could handle this small inconvenience.

You decided to text Phil the good news. Seeing as you texted him this early in the morning, he was most likely awake thanks to your persistent communication.

MSG to Phil L

She's here! You were right, she was way too tired to text back right away. Looks like she'll be sleeping for a while longer. Guess I'll be consumed with boredom for a few hours, haha

Phil texted back a few minutes later

MSG from Phil L

Glad to hear! See, there was no use worrying like you did, lol. Sorry about you having nothing to do for a while. It's going to suck not having you around for most of the week! How will we survive our own boredom??

MSG to Phil L

Please, I'm sure you and Dan can entertain yourselves. Watch some shows, but not the ones we started together! I want to finish with you guys!

Also this week would be the perfect time for you guys to work on some new videos. The gaming channel has been relatively dry this month. Why not make a new one?

MSG from Phil L

Truuuue. I guess we should get off our lazy butts lol xD

You rolled your eyes, these guys were such doofuses sometimes. But they were your dorks and it made you sad that you couldn't see them this week. They made everything so much more entertaining in your dull life. Jeez, you'd probably be the hermit that you described to Hailey if you hadn't met them! There was no doubt that you probably wouldn't leave the house often if you didn't have them as friends. While they were relatively hermit-y in their own way, it seemed like your personalities balanced each other out in a good way.

A pang of loneliness gripped your heart, causing your lips to fall downwards in a sullen frown. Damn, you already missed them. You traveled outside of the texting box and instead found the green phone icon. Without a second thought, you swiped it with the intent of calling your friend.

After the first ring, Phil's familiar voice chimed in on the other side. "(Y/N)! It's been ages, what's up?"

"Pfft, it's been less than 24 hours. How are you?"

"I'm good, a little tired from being up this early, but otherwise I'm doing peachy!"

You chuckled at his words. "I'm glad to hear." You let the line go dead for a second, the silence a little awkward. You didn't know why you decided to call, you just felt like you had to. "So, uhh... what are your plans for the day?"