Chapter 26

"No no, that won't do! I think we need to think of something different."

"What do you mean? I think this one's a great idea!"

"Phil, we can't bring random dogs into the flat; we are not stealing them from the dog park!"

"It wouldn't be stealing if we explained ourselves to the owners. We would just be borrowing them for a few hours. No harm done!"

Two equally exasperated voices shouted in unison. "Absolutely not, Phil!"

Phil's shoulders instinctively hunched underneath (Y/N) and Dan's scolding tone, a sheepish grin spread into a smile. Once (Y/N) had come over, the three of them sat huddled on the couch in front of Dan's laptop, scrolling through the numerous ideas he had already come up with. In addition, they would write down any ideas that crossed their minds, some good while others were admittedly... unsavory to say the least.

"We could do an ASMR video. One of the things we could try is using felt tips on wo-"

Dan visibly cringed at this. "Abso-fucking-lutely not! I would literally die!" He mumbled something incoherent bringing his hand to his lips as he mindlessly began chewing on his sweater sleeve. He let out an audible puff of air, tapping his nose lightly. "We could do a video surrounding the current memes. But that would be difficult seeing as they constantly change. I wouldn't want spontaneous dead memes haunting my channel anymore than they do."

(Y/N)'s ears perked up at this. "Why not do something with that Grumpy cat thing? Or that cheeseburger cat? Those are memes, right?"

Dan paused, his eyes staring into nothingness as he tried to process what the girl has just said. Phil was speechless too, trying to figure out if she was joking or if her meme humour was still stuck in the ancient 2008 era. Without looking up, Dan gave (Y/N)'s shoulder a firm pat, his voice void and empty. "Oh (Y/N). You've... you've got a lot to learn..."

The girl tilted her head, a look of confusion clouding her features. Phil snickers at this, snapping his fingers to regain the attention of the two adults. "Another issue for another day. Anyways, Dan; is there really nothing you want to choose from the suggestions? I mean, you could always hold it off until another day."

Dan groaned, tilting his head towards the ceiling with an unhappy frown. "I can't do that, Phil. It's been so long since I've posted anything on my channel. Holding off any longer wouldn't be very professional of me. And besides-" Dan pulled out his phone and opened up his twitter feed, scrolling to his most recent post. "-I don't think the fans can hold out much longer."

Scrawled across the page were an infinite amount of pleas from various people, the vast majority crying out from their video starvation. Countless people were begging for some content, a desperate request for something new. There were even some people wondering if he had died! Of course this was a little dramatic, seeing as his last post was made 10 hours ago. Phil wrinkled his nose, humming thoughtfully to himself. "Hmm, I see. I guess we can't really hold out for much longer."

Dan put down his phone and groaned loudly, slumping into the couch. "I know! I just can't think of anything right now!" His twiddled his thumbs in frustration, eyes narrowed in annoyance. Suddenly, he jumped up from his contortionist pose. "(Y/N)! What do you think we should do? And please, nothing involving ancient memes."

The girl jumped back with a start, the sudden movement making her place a careful hand over her chest. "Uwa- Um.... I mean..." She gargled her words in her mouth as she tried to form an idea. "We could do- no wait, that's not good. Uh, how about... we could- er, you could... Do something with... see-"

Dan interrupted her. "Sorry, could you repeat that?" For some reason, he had a devilish grin beginning to form on his face, the one side of his mouth stretching upwards as ideas began to manifest. Phil raised an eyebrow towards his friend, trying to figure out what he could possibly be planning.