Chapter 17

"Dan, I don't think you should hold your phone that close to your eyes. You'll get a headache..."

Just as Phil had said, Dan was sitting intently on the couch, his phone practically pressed against his face as he typed out a speedy response to (Y/N)

MSG to (Y/N)

Our flat, an hour? We'll tell you on the way cause we honestly have no idea what we're doing, lol

Dan gulped nervously, trying to decide whether or not his friendly approach was a little too casual with (Y/N), wondering if she would be weirded out by him asking her to hangout with them so soon after yesterday. The three bouncing dots in the corner of his screen hovered above the phone's keyboard, causing him to hold his breath as he waited for a response.

MSG from (Y/N)

Sounds good. And bring a coat this time you doofus!

Dan exhaled, an unknown tension beginning to release from his hunched shoulders. For the first time since he started texting her, he slowly dragged the phone away from his face, blinking haphazardly as he adjusted his vision to the outside world surrounding him.

Phil quirked his eyebrows up curiously. "What's with that look?"

"Hmm? What are you talking about?"

The raven haired man rolled his eyes, absentmindedly playing around with his morning quiff. "That look, the one you have right now. First you were freaking out over sending her a stupid video, then 10 seconds later you're sitting on the couch with your eyes glued to your phone, sniggering and acting like an excited school girl." He chuckled, eyeing Dan teasingly. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say (Y/N) texted you back?"

Dan scoffed loudly, turning his head away from Phil as he scowled. "What's that supposed to mean, huh?" He paused, inwardly sighing as he gave into his friend's meddling tone. "And yes, for your information she did text me back. I... I asked her if she wanted to come around town with us again today."

Phil's eyes lit up with excitement, his blue orbs sparkling at the news. He jumped up from his spot on the couch, hopping over to Dan like an enthusiastic rabbit. "Really? Did she say yes?"

Dan nodded, instinctively holding his phone closer to his chest. He couldn't help but crack a small smile with how happy Phil was. He watched as his friend quickly chatted up a storm with himself, wondering out loud where they could go today and what they could show her around town. Leave it to Phil to get excited over something like this.

Yet even though he was smiling at Phil, Dan couldn't deny that (Y/N) agreeing to hangout also contributed to his goofy grin. Because of this, he quickly tried to wipe it off his face, going for a more casual look as he got up from the couch. "Yeah, and I told her to meet us here in an hour. I'm going to get ready, okay? You need to as well, so don't get distracted Phil!"

A sassy eye roll greeted Dan, followed by a playful, sarcastic remark. "Psh, I'm not the one who takes forever to get ready in the mornings. We're lucky to be out of the flat 30 mins after we're supposed to leave!"

"Oh whatever!" Dan tried to make his words as saucy as possible, yet it was hard to hide the true amusement underneath. "If you plan on keeping that quiff for the day, it'll take us even longer to get ready."

"Hey, I think it quite suits me!"

"Then go get ready so you'll have time to show it off!"

Phil nodded quickly, sprinting towards their bathroom with hasty abandon. Dan could hear the faint sound of running water once his flatmate closed the door, the shower curtain rustling as he hopped in to freshen up. Dan sighed to himself, praying that Phil wouldn't take so long getting ready. In the meantime, the brunette decided to pick out his clothes for the day, hoisting himself up from the couch as he walked towards his room.