Chapter 28

It was almost impossible to open your eyes, milky warmth of the morning's spell continuously pulling you back into the hazy confusion of sleep. Whenever you felt the least bit of consciousness threatening to rouse you, you refused it, staying hidden within your comfortable blanket cocoon. You couldn't make sense of anything at the moment, just the steady sound of your own heartbeat echoing through your ears.

Then, there was another heartbeat you could just barely make out. This one was... not your own. Not your own?

This mild detail was enough to make your eyes open partially, the unwelcomed glare of sunrise bombarding your vision with dots of illumination. Your lids were unbelievably heavy; it felt like a thousand tonnes were preventing you from regaining consciousness. Despite this, you managed to push past the distaine of waking up as your eyes fluttered open, the previously hidden living room now visible thanks to the natural lighting outdoors.

Still in a haze, you stood still for a good while, your gaze mindlessly glued to the coffee table in front of you. After what felt like eons, you gave your first blink of the day, the feeling of built up crust poking at the corners of your tear ducts. You brought your hand to your face, roughly rubbing against the skin as you gave a large yawn; your body cracking in a much awaited stretch. From head to toe, you extended each joint and muscle combination in your body until each area was well stretched, the action seemingly snapping you back to reality. You gave a soft hum, feeling more alert than you had before. The sudden movement from waking had monetarily filled your ears with the sound of your racing heart as it prepared itself for your morning antics, matching a pace that would best suit your body.

However, there was another sound just above you; a rhythmic drumming. One that was not your own. You laid still for a moment, surprised that it wasn't just your groggy imagination. Curious, you decided to turn your head towards the new sound. Confusion turned to surprise, then surprise to horror as you realized where the sound was coming from. You inhaled forcefully, your eyes as wide as an owl's when it all came into view.

What you had thought was apart of your own blanket was actually the majority of Dan's, the fabric snuggly wrapped around his middle-half as he dozed peacefully beside you. He was leaning against the end of the couch, his arms tucked around himself in a sort of sleepy pout; his head lulled against the couch cushion like a pillow. His legs were no longer tucked like they had been last night during the movie. Instead, they were partially sprawled out across the couch, acting as a sort of fence that kept you close to the inside of the furniture.

Speaking of, you slowly raised yourself up into a sitting position, trying to calm your accelerating heart as you tried to put two and two together of how exactly you had fallen asleep. When you had fallen asleep during the movie, you were in an upright position on the other side of the couch. When you had awoken... You cautiously looked over to Dan, taking note of his position and trying to build a mental image of how you slept. By the looks of it, it would appear you had fallen onto him during the night and somehow managed to rest your head on his chest, most likely bringing your hands close to yourself in a peaceful slumber position.

In other words; you had just indirectly cuddled with Daniel Howell during the night.

"Oh my God, (Y/N)... Oh my fucking God!" You whispered, the words coming out in a sort of strained hiss. Your entire head was spinning out of control right now, a barrage of emotions ruthlessly attacking you from all angles as your tried to make sense of what you felt at this moment. You felt embarrassed, flustered, confused, blessed, panicked and terrified all at the same time! You didn't... This wasn't... What the actual fuck?!

You sat up carefully on the couch, an unholy blush ripping across your features as you brought your hands to your heated face in shock. You kept shaking your head fretfully, hoping this action would help clear your frazzled mind. Yet there was no way you could deny what had just happened; you had technically slept on your kind of, technically-not-really-but-maybe-really crush.