Chapter 7

Phil was practically running down the street, his legs carrying him in an excited gallop as he made his way back to his flat. The bag he was holding jingled loudly as the pills rattled in the large medicine bottle; hopefully they would make Dan feel better quick

But now there was another issue to address; the equally sick girl he had just met minutes before. It was probably a huge stretch to assume that she was the same girl Dan had met at the convention, the likelihood of that impossible. However, a nagging feeling keep gnawing away in Phil's mind as he put some of Dan's descriptions with what the girl had told him in their short time together.

Recently moved far away? Check.

Lacking a british accent? Check.

Somehow having an identical illness as Dan at the exact same time? Check, check and check!

Even more of a prominent fact was that she didn't seem to have any clue as to who he was, just as Dan had told him. Now, it wasn't like Phil was tooting his own horn here by saying everybody should know who they are; no, no no! It was just so odd to see someone her age who didn't have a single clue as to who he was. It was fascinating to say the least.

However Phil couldn't confirm his suspicions yet as he never got an answer to what she looked like from Dan. It would be incredibly awkward if he mistook this stranger for another stranger Dan had met a week prior, a uncomfortable moment most likely to form in the event that he was wrong.

But what if he wasn't wrong? What if this was the same girl as before and the stars had somehow aligned themselves in a freaky way? Could this be a strange destiny layed out for the two? Could this all be some plan from a higher power? Had he been researching too many of those phony fortune telling articles? Probably, it was time to give his head a good shake at these ridiculous ideas.

Phil had been so deep in thought that he almost walked past his flat's doorway, his feet marching backwards as they made a sloppy recovery in the direction of the door. With inhuman speed, Phil opened the door and proceeded to rush up the steps towards their living room, lightening his footsteps incase he were to bug the neighbours with his sudden stomps.

The young man hastily made it towards the entrance of Dan's room, giving a gentle knock. "Dan? Can I come in?"

There was no immediate response to follow, only silence. Phil shuffled his feet, tempted to try knocking again. A hoarse whisper was barely audible through the dense plank, inviting Phil to come in. Slowly, Phil twisted the knob of the door and was welcomed by the sad bundle of monochromatic blankets that was Daniel Howell.

He was turned on his side, his blankets tightly wrapped around his body as he mindlessly scrolled through a random website. Phil could tell immediately that Dan wasn't really invested in the digital content, his eyes glazed forward as his finger absently played with the mouse. Even in sickness he was a creature of habit.

Phil gave a small smile towards his friend. "How are you feeling? Any better?"

Dan broke his eyes away from the bright screen, his vision dull as his mind whirred to process what Phil had asked him. He gave a low, grumbled response to show how unwell he felt. "Mmh..." God, his voice sounded absolutely wrecked. Phil could only imagine how the rest of his body was feeling at this moment. Probably not that great since (Y/N) had compared it to the tortures of Hell.

Phil gulped nervously. That's right, he thought to himself, Should I tell Dan about this (Y/N) girl now? Afterall he was the one who actually met her -or not-, so maybe he could prove if my suspicions are right or wrong... Though looking at how Dan was currently staring at an empty wall, his eyes fixed to nothing in particular, it was probably a safe bet to not overwork his brain right now.