Chapter 11

"Time to wake up! Come on, Dan! I don't want to have to drag you out of bed, you're too heavy for that..."

The persistent and peppy chatter of Phil's words were like nails on a chalkboard for Dan, the sudden outburst ripping him away from the milky warmth of his slumber. Dazed and confused, Dan slowly brought his head out of his blanket fortress, a sleepy scowl evident on his face. "What are you on about, Phil?" He mumbled to himself, retreating back into the fluffy fabric. "Stop pestering and let me sleep..."

Phil sighed and rolled his eyes, tugging half-heartedly at the blanket. "But Dan," whined Phil. "You should come walk around outside with me. It'll help you feel better!" The only answer he got was an annoyed huff, the sheet rising in time with Dan's displeasure. Even though Dan sounded better, his willingness to leave his bed had not improved.

Seeing as the brunette probably wouldn't budge anytime soon, Phil decided to bring out his secret weapon. "Fine, I guess you don't have to. At least I'll have (Y/N) with me; I promised her that I would show her around the city at noon. But if you don't want to come that's al-" The form underneath the sheet jumped out like a shadowed beast, catching Phil off guard as he screeched loudly, harshly falling onto his behind.

Dan's figure was seen barreling towards the bathroom, the door swiftly closing behind him as the sound of running water filled the apartment. He seemed to be in quite the rush, his pants thrown into the hall without a second thought. Phil gave a triumphant smirk, having won the battle with little trouble on his part.

Phil brought out his phone and checked the time; 11:35am. He shuffled uncomfortably in his standing position, worried that they may be late seeing (Y/N). Hopefully Dan wouldn't take too long in the shower, though seeing as he no longer straightened his hair they should be fine. Phil subconsciously ran his fingers through his raven-feathered hair, adjusting his straight fringe accordingly. This wasn't anything fancy that they were doing, but Phil still wanted to look presentable for the girl. He couldn't give her the wrong impression of the two of them.

As if on queue, the flow of water stopped from within the bathroom, the sound of soggy shuffling muffled behind the door. Phil could hear Dan muttering to himself, something about annoying roommates. Phil let out an offended huff, crossing his arms teasingly. At least he was ready, Dan wasn't even close. Phil checked the time again; 11:42am. He began to fidget once more.

"Phil!" exclaimed Dan, causing Phil to jump from the sudden voice. "What time is it?"

"O-oh, it's uh... 11:43am now. Dan, we could just tex-"

"For God's sake, Phil! Wake me up earlier next time!" Dan threw himself out of the bathroom, a wet towel wrapped around his waist. His hair was still damp, causing a sea of untamed curls to twist into hook-like shapes on his head. He was frantically mumbling to himself now, running into his room to find some suitable clothes. Phil could hear the clatter of his roommate shuffling through his closet, the sound of multiple clothing articles hitting the floor becoming evident. Phil briefly wondered how one guy could have so much trouble finding something to wear when his whole wardrobe consisted of black.

Finally, Dan emerged from his room sporting a long, black and white plaid shirt accompanied by some even darker, ripped jeans. He looked slightly frazzled, extending his arms with a dead stare directed towards Phil. "Do I look cool enough?"

Phil rolled his eyes, giving a quick chuckle at how ridiculous he was being. "Yes, you look fine. Now come on, we have to get there on time! I don't want her to think that we're some unpunctual jerks!" Phil yanked his friend's sleeve, pulling him towards the door as Phil hastily threw him his coat. "It's a little cold today, so you better wear this."