Chapter 31

Later in the evening- after (Y/N) and the boys had hung out for the majority of the day- Dan was snuggled into the couch, sifting through various files on his laptop. For no particular reason he felt as if he should clean out a few of his junk folders. They weren't anything too special, just some stuff that had accumulated over the years of use. Hopefully this spring clean would speed up his digital companion. There was no way he was ready to say goodbye to his stickered creation just yet.

While shifting through the files, Dan let out a few sleepy hums as he scanned them. He was quite relaxed at the moment, winding down after today's events. While some weren't exactly... the greatest, the rest of it was pretty good.

All three of them had sat on the couch watching numerous shows, some by random while others were suggestions. Aside from one rocky selection, the rest of them were thoroughly entertaining. They were so good that they managed to make Dan forget about all the awkward stuff that had happened. And now here he was, thinking about it again.

Dan practically groaned in defeat as the bitter taste of embarrassment frothed into his throat. First, he had yelled at (Y/N) and insulted her friend (He still wasn't so sure about this Hailey girl), then after they smoothed things over, he almost made the biggest slip of his life. How could he even... What the fuck was he thinking?!

"(Y/N) I- " Have liked you for a while now and was wondering if felt the same way? Because if not, that's cool I guess. Don't mind me as I throw myself off a bridge in utter embarrassment! Thanks for listening; have fun with Hailey, the girl I still think doesn't deserve you! Oh, and look after Phil. He's a little clueless sometimes. And don't let him get a dog while I'm in the afterlife!

God! How could he almost out himself like that? Dan brought his hand to his head, massaging into his temple as it began to throb from overthinking. He continued scrolling through the files, muttering to himself angrily at how stupid he was. Just when he thought he had himself under control, the charm of a single girl caused his defense to crumble away into dust. Pfft, if I had said that to her, she probably would've dusted me away without a second thought...

Speaking of the girl, a familiar file few past Dan's vision. He scrolled back down to reveal a video they had done a month ago; the first video (Y/N) had starred in. Dan cracked a smile, remembering how much fun they had filming it. Although he was on a cleaning spree, this file was reserved until later. How much later, Dan wasn't sure. That would be up to (Y/N)

When they had filmed the video, (Y/N) was a little apprehensive with publishing the finished product.

"Huh? What's wrong, (Y/N)? Was it not good?"

A few days after filming the video, (Y/N) told the boys that she was a little scared with having the video uploaded to the Internet. Thankfully, Dan was still editing, though he would have uploaded it later that night if (Y/N) hadn't come clean with her thoughts.

"No! It's not that; it was an amazing video! It's just that," she gazed towards the side, looking very bashful. "I don't think I'm ready to have myself featured on such a big scale like Youtube. I mean... it's a lot to take in. I'm not sure if I'm ready for that..."

Both Dan and Phil turned to each other, neither one expecting this reaction from the girl. She had seemed so at home in front of the camera; it was surprising when she didn't want the video published. "Oh! Well, okay. That's alright, we'll think of another video to film. There's plenty of ideas out there!" Dan smiled at (Y/N), trying his best to reassure her. "If you want, we can delete the footage. It's not a problem-"

"Wha- Wait no! I didn't say that!" (Y/N) jumped up suddenly, flailing her arms in a worried fashion. "I think it's a good video, and it should be published! Just, maybe not now. I'm still trying to get used to the whole idea of Youtube and understanding what you guys do. So... don't delete it. Keep it for a little bit, please?"