Chapter 21

Dan awoke to the sound of his own voice, accompanied by the tone of another familiar person. He slowly rose from his bed, raising his hands over his head as he performed one of the biggest stretches he had ever done, feeling like each and every bone in his body was snapping in harmony. He let out a monsterous yawn, groggily rubbing the sleep out of his eyes before allowing his focus to manifest for the day. He took a moment to compose himself before stiffly shuffling out of his bed, brining his black checkered comforter with him as a shield from the morning's cold.

Slow as a slug, he edged his way in the direction of the noise, following the path towards the gaming room. He was greeted by the sight of Phil hunched over in the chair, no longer in his pajamas and with no bed head in sight. Dan gave a little wave, his friend giving a small nod as he continued staring at the monitor. "What're you doing up so early?" questioned Dan, the first words of the day coming out a little sloppy.

Phil kept his eyes glued to the screen, his gaze scanning over every detail with great precision. "Just double checking the video for anything you may have missed last night. Looks good so far, I only had to change one little title sequence for you." He replayed one part of the video over and over again, his brain running a million miles per second as he made sure everything was up to standard. Dan was secretly happy that Phil had decided to double check it, otherwise he probably would've uploaded a wonky video. Plus, it meant less work for him; score.

"Cool, so I take it you're the one who's going to upload today?"

Phil gave an affirmative grunt, his gaze never wavering from the task in front of him. "You slept in a little late. This week you kept waking up early so I was surprised to see you still asleep by noon."

Dan cocked his head to the side, now realizing why his friend was all dressed for the day by this point. He had slept in later than he had all week, probably due to his late night editing session. "Ah well, it's nice to sleep after waking up so early; it's been a while." Dan took note of Phil's slightly dismissive nature, a frown dragging his lips downwards. "Hey Phil, are you alright?"

"Hmm? Oh yeah, I'm fine. Just had a little trouble sleeping last night is all. Tossing, turning, you know."

"Oh, alright. Sorry, you just looked a little shitty while you sat there. Why didn't you sleep in a little before editing?"

Phil scoffed, an amused tone returning to the man. "I can't sleep in when we have a guest coming over. That would be rude, wouldn't it? I certainly wouldn't want to walk around in just my pants while a girl was here, right Dan?". Phil wouldn't look up, but Dan could plainly see the mischief on his face as he tried to decipher the meaning of his words.

Admittedly he was still half asleep. What, was Louise coming over or something? She wouldn't be phased by what he was wearing; they'd been through worse. But it couldn't be her, she was probably busy watching her kids. Maybe it wasn't her then? They never had many girls over exc-

Oh, fuck me.

"Heh, judging by the look on your face I assume you remember who I mean?" This time Phil was looking directly at Dan, a snicker evident in his voice. "While you were busy sleeping, I was making sure at least one of us was dressed well enough to greet (Y/N) at the door when she came over. That is... unless you want to, Dan. I'm sure she wouldn't notice that you're hiding your boxers underneath that comforter you pulled around yourself."

Dan subconsciously pulled the sheets closer, a red blush tinting the tip of his ears. "You- Phil, why the hell didn't you wake me up?! Jesus Christ, what time is she going to be here?"

His friend shrugged as he tried his best to hide the smug look on his face. "Hmm, actually, she should be here any moment now. I said she could come over to see what editing a video is like. Also, it was the perfect opportunity for her to finally watch one of our videos; I applaud her stubbornness to not even watch a single one of them since she's been here."