Chapter 44

It wasn't until the evening that (Y/N) finally decided to come out of her room.

At the gentle squeak of her door opening, both Dan and Phil perked their heads up immediately, looking over to see the groggy form of their friend. She emerged slowly, wrapped up in her bed's thick comforter. While she had been sleeping, Dan had taken the liberty of converting her living room into a comfy paradise. Unraveling the blankets, he had creased the large comforters in two, laying the different colours across the floor in a folded position. With each of their respected pillows placed on top, Dan had borrowed some of (Y/N)'s futon pillows and gentle placed them across the bottom of her furniture, creating a long headrest. Since he and Phil would be staying the night, it was best that they stayed on the floor seeing as the futon was a little too small for the two giants.

As (Y/N) lifted her head to greet the two boys, Dan's features instantly softened as he flashed her a gentle smile. "Hey." He gave a small wave, eyes laced with tenderness.

(Y/N) still seems a little out of it, but returned the gesture nonetheless. "Hey there," she mumbled, bringing her hands up to rub the grogginess from her eyes. She stifled a quiet yawn, covering her mouth with blanketed hands. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sleep that long. You two must have been bored senseless."

"Not at all," piped Phil, making his way towards her kitchen. "We spent our time doing a few things around your apartment. Dan was busy making your living room our temporary bedroom while I ran out to get a few supplies." He disappeared behind the kitchen wall, creating a small ruckus as he fiddled with what sounded like plates and cutlery.

"Supplies?"

"Yeah!" Phil rounded the corner, plate in hand as he marched over to (Y/N). He held the round disc in front of her, urging her to take it. She wiggled her hands free of her blanket's fabric before taking the plate, a confused look washed upon her face. "I just got done making us dinner. You can be the first one to eat, (Y/N). Afterall, this is your flat."

(Y/N) looked taken aback, looking down at the plate, then to Phil, then Dan. "You made dinner? For all of us?"

Phil laughed a little, brushing the back of his head in an embarrassed fashion. "Well, I'd like to think that it's all for you. But in the event that you can't finish it all, Dan and I would be more than happy to help you finish it!"

"W-Wha- I... Thank you, really." She looked down at the plate once more, trying to process the kindness that Phil was bestowing upon her. She looked up at him, still unable to grasp the situation. "What did you make?"

"Psh," scoffed Dan, walking up beside (Y/N). "I think the question is: 'What didn't he make'?" He tapped her shoulder, gaining her attention has he pointed towards the kitchen. "Go and take a look for yourself. Hopefully it's all to your liking."

Dan watched as (Y/N) slowly crept towards the kitchen, her steps apprehensive as to what would be behind the corner. Dan couldn't stop himself from grinning in anticipation as he awaited her reaction. Needless to say, he wasn't disappointed in the slightest.

"Holy fuck! You didn't tell me we were having a feast!"

Sprawled across her limited counter space was a dozen or more different types of food. Everything from chicken wings, to mozza sticks, different types of pizza, vegetable stir fry, nachos; Hell, there was even a wall of unopened chip bags! All different assortments and flavors standing at attention against the wall! Keeping the bags in line was a row of pop cans, surprisingly all your favorite types. This level of attention to detail was hard to pull of, yet Dan was good at remembering certain details about (Y/N). The best feature in his opinion? The jumbo sized box of assorted hot chocolate flavors for (Y/N) to indulge in.