Chapter 41

You cautiously poked your head out of your bedroom door, listening carefully as a familiar woman rummaged through your apartment. Upon hearing the casual clicks of her heels against the floor, you immediately knew it was Hailey. That, and no one else had a copy of your apartment key on hand except for her; you had given it to her in the unlikely event that she needed it during her stay. Knowing that she was home safe filled you with a small flutter of relief. However this feeling was quickly damped as creeping anger strangled any remaining geniality you felt towards the girl. She had some serious talking to do when you walked out to greet her.

You slowly emerged from your room, making no effort to hide your existence as the door swung shut behind you, causing Hailey to jump in surprise. She leapt into the air, looking back with wide eyes as she stifled a shriek beneath her hands. "Jesus! (Y/N)? Is that you? Don't scare me like that!" She let out a shaky sigh, lowering her hands to her chest. "You trying to kill me?"

Eyes narrowed and face unwavered, you looked directly at her without an ounce of sympathy. "No, I'm not."

Hailey rolled her dark brown eyes, turning back to her previous task. "Really? Because it felt like it with that rather hostile door slam of yours. You'll wake the neighbors with an attitude like that!" She began taking her coat off from last night, slinking the heavy fabric past her bare shoulders and exposing her vulnerable skin to the apartment air. Your eyes widened at the amount of hickeys that littered her neck, the 'love bites' spreading as far down as her inappropriately visible cleavage. The way Hailey took her sweet time taking off the jacket made you think that she was trying to show off her trophies from last night. Your eyes narrowed once more.

"So, is that from your little 'date' with Thomas last night?"

Hailey looked back at you, her eyes low as she batted her eyelashes. She posed as if she were feeling sheepish, feigning an act of innocence as she looked over her body. "Well, you could say that. I guess boys just find me hard to ignore." She then cracked a mischievous smile, pointing to a particularly dark patch on her collarbone. "He kept aiming for this spot. It's gonna take weeks for this one to go away!"

You crossed your arms, feeling your face heat up a little. "Wow, you must have had such a great time last night. It's too bad that I couldn't join you. Oh wait, I was with you." You glared towards Hailey, feeling a sharpness to your voice. "I was with you until you decided to run away drunk with some guy you just met after you promised me you wouldn't!"

The blond raised an eyebrow at your sudden shift in tone, tilting her head to the side. "What's the big deal? It was only for one night. Besides, you got home safely just like I knew you would. So really, there isn't a problem here. Secondly," She smirked, looking you up and down with contempt. "I noticed how that one guy was striking a conversation with you. It looked like it was going well so I did us both a favor and decided to let you two have some alone time, if you know what I mean." Hailey's voice was a little strained much like she was holding back an amused laugh. Unfortunately you found nothing remotely amusing about the memories from last night.

Your eyes followed Hailey has she took a nonchalant seat on your dining room chair, flipping her one leg over the other as she got comfortable. You took a few steps towards her, your anger beginning to build at a steady rate. "'Have some alone time'? Hailey, do you have any idea of what I went through last night? Any at all?!"

The blond simply shrugged, still unaware of your feelings. "(Y/N), I don't understand why you're getting so worked up about this. It's a natural thing and everyone does it. Maybe you're just feeling a little off because it was your first time and all, but that's completely normal and—"

You interrupted her. "What the fuck are you talking about right now?"

Hailey smiled, crossing her arms in an accusatory way. "Oh please, don't play dumb with me. I saw you with that guy last night. The way he was looking at you, how you kept smiling when he spoke. Hell, you had so many drinks in you that you could barely take your hands off of him. And don't think I didn't notice that seductive whisper you breathed in his ear; I saw it all as we were leaving. That guy was practically begging for a bed to break by that point." Hailey sent a wink your way. "Nice job. I didn't know you had it in you (Y/N). Especially not for your first time."