Chapter 39 - Dateko 3

Kayana pov

I felt nervousness begin to build up within me. I just felt off today for some odd reason. Even with Nishinoya's speech, it was quite encouraging yet I still felt insecure. I don't wanna screw up. I've always got the before-match nerves but today is just so. Different

....

It was at the point where there was more than one person at the rushing up to the vanguard.

Who will it be?

"BRING IT!!!!!" Hinata exclaimed loudly as usual speeding towards the net with a determined expression plastered accross his face. He ran like the flash.

Aone kept a calm expression but glared at him from the other side of the net as he readied himself for a block.

Kageyama spared Hinata a glance as he got into his setting position and that's when it happened.

The rest were ready to jump and block but Hinata dodged the blockers and jumped on the opposite side. Aone's eyes followed his movements keenly so he saw right through him.

"#10!!" He yelled in frustration.

"Uwwoooaaahhhh!!!!!" Hinata responded.

Why does this sound like a battle. So much yelling.

Hinata gave off the impression of spiking but.
It was Asashi.

He was the spiker and he killed it.

'Clearing the path....for the ace!'

The view from the other side of the net

Opens up- Hinata Shoyo

'Yes this is the view.' - Asashi

"Yoshaaaa!!!" Coach bellowed happily.
I have to admit that one was a good one. A really good one.
Even Kiyoko clapped proudly well of course. It's Asashi. The girls from Karasuno cheered also from the bleachers.
Then there was the dudes. Shimada and that other one with the 'T' in his name. I can't remember so oh well.

That was ....the pipe? I can't remember clearly but I think it was a pipe. Nekoma used it.
Yes that was definately the one Nekoma used.

Coool!! So damm cool!!!

'I feel less nervous about this match now. I still have bad vibes but now. Not now.'

I watched them exchange a few words on the court. They all seemed excited and astonished by what Asashi just did. But he was as humble as hell and thanked them. He thanked them, yes. A true ace, huh. Glad the wimp is finally starting to shape up. Not in a bad way as in he was pathetic before but like. That awesome spike....yuh know.

Suga asked them to open up a path for the ace.
And they did.

"I didn't even spike the ball, yet I feel incredible" Hinata respomded to Kageyama who had just asked him what was wrong with him because he was doing the constipated face.

"Being the ace is just as incredible as being the best decoy ever." Kageyama preached smiling. Yes , smiling.

Hinata clenched his fist and looked at them with a spark in his eyes.

"The best decoy ever..."

I blinked twice and sighed in content.

"All our secret weapons are out in the open. The moment of truth is near."