Chapter 40 - Dateko 3.5

Third Pov

The match reached at the point when Asashi was able to successfully spike onto the other side of the net. Aone got a one-touch on it but Sakunami (adorable libero) missed it.

The first whistle blew signalling they had scored the point and soon the second signalling...

THEY WON THE FIRST SET!!!

Futakuchi and Aone didn't look happy at all.They gritted their teeth in irritation.

Bleachers
"Woow.Karasuno won it for real." a black haired dude remarked in astonishment.

Aoba's side

"As expected,Karasuno's scary when they're on a roll.." Remarked coach Mizoguchi*The younger coach*

"They might take the second set if they keep this up." He added.

Irihata thought for a while

"But I doubt we'll see  a repeat of that first set."He noted placing a hand under his chin thoughtfully.

"Because Dateko's #7 will no longer be suprised by those quicks..." He concluded.

Karasuno

"That tall #7 and lastly that #6 managed to touch Hinata-kun's quick" Sensei said slightly nervous.

Coach casted a glance at the board he held with observations.

"Yeah.Amazing." He replied.

'The cornerstone of our offense is that freak-quick.'

'We can't let them start blocking it like Nekoma did.'

He casted a sidewards glance at Kayana who sat on the bench with a book taking note.

'She gave strict instructions to put her in only when things got desperate ...maybe putting her in as pinch server will get us some points and boost our morale higher...'

...

"So we are going to start out second set with our second rotation." He announced holding up the board.

"The first rotation...directly matched up Hinata with Aone...so we'll shift that 2 places to start."Kayana finished gesturing the positions.

"I see. That means Hinata-kun won't get marked by #7 like he was in the first set."Takeda noted earning a nod.

Kageyama sent Hinata a constipated bird look while the muffin stood like a deflated mattress getting mashed on by children.

"But we can't completely avoid that yet so that's why I'll have Kayana in the mix.To confuse the opponents.When it's halfway or quaterway through the game we'll switch her out and continue with our original line-up.If that doesn't work,we'll just have to figure it out anther way."

"Basically,all we're doing is shifting the players around.While Hinata won't get marked ,others will get marked instead."

"We can't let Hinata shoulder all the burden."Asashi cut in.

"When Hinata's at his best we're at our best."

"I'll do my part as the ace."

At this Noya,Suga,Tanaka and Daichi stared at their team's  ace in awe.