Changing Tides

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agnes rolled her eyes as she handed Rayne a tissue. She chuckled at the younger woman's sniffing before wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"You don't actually see him die, you know. Besides that, you've seen the next one and know that he didn't."

Rayne scoffed as she waved a hand at the small screen in front of them. "It's implied!" She sniffed one more time before shaking her head and squaring her shoulders. "I don't know why they think Thor is a good in-flight movie." She heard Agnes chuckle again and snickered at her own foolishness. "We should be almost ready to land. Everything is in order on the ground?"

Agnes sighed. If she had ever thought she was detail oriented, Rayne had her beat by a mile. "Yes. As I've told you at least a dozen times, Melanie already has everything separated and ready to go tomorrow. You need to relax a little. Is Tom meeting you at the house?"

Rayne had rented a house for the duration of filming rather than stay in a hotel. She shook her head as she looked at the watch on her wrist. "No, I told him I would see him tomorrow at the set. I have a lot to do between now and then." She eyed Agnes for a moment. "Why is it that every time you mention my needing to relax, Tom comes into the conversation? I can relax just fine without him."

Agnes snorted out a laugh as the captain came across the loudspeaker, announcing that they were preparing to land. "Honey, if you need me to tell you the answer to that, it's been much too long."

Rayne snickered as she elbowed the older woman. "Pervert."

It wasn't like Rayne hadn't had those same thoughts, she just didn't dwell on them. Besides, Tom had given no indication that he was ready to move in that direction before he left to go back to London, so for all she knew, he wasn't there yet. He'd simply kissed her chastely on the cheek and said he would call her when he landed before he left for the airport. Sure, they had texted and talked on the phone, but nothing even remotely flirty, more just talking about their days and such.

Rayne sighed as she stood up and grabbed her carry-on from the overhead compartment. In her heart of hearts, she knew that she wanted Tom. But damned if she knew how to show him how she felt. She just couldn't read him as well as she used to and this left her unsure about where she stood. Especially whether or not he was ready to explore more of the physical side of a relationship. She shook her head as she thought that it was probably her fault anyway. She was the one that had the rule about dating while filming, but she'd decided that she was willing to let it go. She'd just have to wait and see what happened. It wasn't like they wouldn't be extremely busy with filming, after all. Besides, by the end of each day, they'd both most likely all be too exhausted for much more than dinner and preparation for another day's work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Rayne and Agnes got out of the car in front of the studio being used for filming, Rayne swiping madly on her tablet as they walked to the entrance, pausing only long enough to show their credentials before walking into the building. The cavernous facility was already a hive of activity and they hadn't even officially started filming yet. She looked down at the ever-present tablet in her hand and nodded to herself before glancing at Agnes.

"Can you get Melanie and the rest together? I'll meet you all in the wardrobe room in, say... ten minutes?"

Agnes nodded and headed off down a hallway as Rayne stepped into a huge conference room, stopping short when she saw the entire cast along with the directors. Her eyes seemed to zero in immediately on Tom like they always did. She felt her breath stutter as she took in the sight of him. It had only been a couple of weeks since she saw him, but it felt like forever.

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, he looked good. Not surprisingly, he was dressed in a dark blue suit and white shirt, black tie neatly tied at his neck. His hair and beard were perfect, as usual. He was presently laughing at something Robert had said, his head back, eyes closed, with his tongue peeking through his teeth.

That laugh always made her want to laugh too, but today something seemed to break inside her. Before she even realized she was moving, Rayne was striding across the length of the room, stopping in front of Tom as he started to smile in greeting. Before he'd uttered a single eh-hee she grabbed him by the tie with one hand while the other curled around to the back of his head, pulling him down into a deep kiss.

Tom gave a low groan as his arms slid around Rayne's waist to fasten her to him. Not that it was at all necessary since she had a death grip on his neck. Rayne was reveling in the feel of his hard body against hers, even through his suit. She stood there, enjoying the warmth and smell of him for a minute longer before suddenly letting go and stepping back. Both were absolutely breathless, trying to regain their composure as they straightened their clothes while the others looked on in amusement. Rayne turned to stride right back out of the room, making sure to put a little extra swing in her hips as she did so. Before crossing the threshold, she looked over her shoulder at Tom with a slight smirk and a saucy wink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agnes walked into the room she had seen Rayne disappear into earlier, looking around at all the beautiful people occupying the space. She grinned as she thought that it never ceased to amaze her when she started a film. Oh, not as much as it used to of course, but it still made her heart beat a little faster. She could still remember the first film she was on, and it made her chuckle to think about how green she had been. She saw Tom sitting in a chair in the corner with a shell-shocked look on his face and headed his way.

"What's with you?" He stared up at her for a moment as she cocked her head at him. "Ok. Nevermind. Have you seen Ray? I thought she came in here." She happened to look down where his hands were laying on his thigh and noticed something that usually wasn't that noticeable. She snorted out a laugh as Tom glared at her for a moment before ruefully chuckling along with her. "Ok, yeah, I see that you have." She pointed behind her. "I'm going to assume she went thataway." She shook her head, chuckling again. "See you at lunch, Tom."