Jetlag And Easter Eggs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Weeks Later

Rayne sighed as she waited with Agnes for their luggage at Heathrow. She felt like she was living in airports these days, but was excited to see Tom again. Tom had sent a driver for them, who was collecting Woof while they got their bags. It had been a long two weeks, made busier by the dress orders she had received from a few celebrities. Agnes had been gobsmacked when Barbra Streisand had come by the shop personally to pick hers up. It had taken everything Rayne had in her to keep from laughing at the expression on the older woman's face. But, when Rayne looked at her now, she was frowning slightly.

"You've been awfully quiet. Everything ok?"

Agnes nodded as she yawned. "Yeah, I'm just beat. This week has been a bitch. I know you're at least as tired, if not more. You took on the brunt of the workload, I just helped out wherever I could."

Rayne nodded. "Yes, I am. I just want a bed at this point."

Agnes snickered. "Yeah, with a sexy Brit in it, huh?"

Rayne winked at her as their luggage finally came around. "Preferably, yes."

The older woman snickered as they trudged through the airport, finally making it outside to the waiting van. Like last time, Tom had provided a Sprinter for their ride home. He wasn't able to meet them this time around - as he had some meetings for his new film but, he would be home shortly after they got there and had left specific orders not to cook anything because he would be bringing something home for dinner.

Once they reached the house and Rayne let them in, she made quick work of making sure both dogs had food and water before showing Agnes where the guest room was. Once Agnes was squared away, Rayne headed for their bedroom, starting to disrobe before she even made it inside the room. She fell face down on the bed in her underwear, practically asleep before her head hit the pillow, and that's where Tom found her when he arrived home an hour later. He chuckled quietly at the sight of her as he shut the bedroom door behind himself.

As Tom leaned against the door and watched her sleep for a few moments, he realized that he felt better than he had in two weeks. He thought to himself that it was almost time to have a talk about their living arrangements. A real one - not just poking at each other in fun. He knew that while they hadn't been back together very long, Rayne was his forever, and he didn't see any point in waiting for an appropriate time if indeed there was one.

He walked over to the side of the bed and sat down beside her hip, lightly skimming his hand down her back. He grinned as she fidgeted for a minute before settling back down. He leaned over her to kiss her shoulder, watching Rayne as she stirred to life. She blinked a few times before seeming to focus on his face and gave him a sleepy smile. "Hi."