Hiddlesaurus Wrecks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATURE CONTENT WARNING!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom watched as Rayne looked at him warily before stepping back out of the circle of his arms. He sighed quietly, knowing already that this was going to be difficult, to say the least. There were few women that were more stubborn than Rayne, and trying to get her to do anything she didn't want to do was next to impossible, even if it was the right thing at the time.

Rayne folded her arms across her chest and stared Tom down, the look in her eyes going from wary to defiant. "Just what do you think we need to talk about, Tom?"

Tom copied her stance, using the fact that he was bigger than her as he stood with his feet spread out and arms crossed. "I think you know. It's time for that discussion about living arrangements, darling."

Rayne rolled her eyes, which set Tom's teeth on edge. "Seriously? One pap accidentally gets too close and now you want me to move to London."

Tom cuts a look at Anna who closed her eyes and shrugged before quietly leaving the kitchen for another part of the apartment. He looked back to Rayne, shaking his head.

"Accidentally or not, Rayne, he got too close. They should never be close enough to touch you. When I saw that video... you just don't know what went through my mind."

Rayne sighed and slumped with her back against the refrigerator. "Tom... that could have happened whether I was here or in London. Either way, you wouldn't have been there."

Tom shook his head. "Perhaps, darling, but I wouldn't have been a plane ride away. A few minutes, maybe an hour, at the most. That's the part that scared the hell out of me. Not being able to get to you, and finding out after the fact. I should have known immediately, Ray. It should have been you calling me and not Luke."

"Would it have made that much of a difference, Tom?"

Tom pointed to his chest. "For my peace of mind, yes! Yes, it made a difference! Then, when you weren't returning my calls or messages... well, you don't want to know what was going through my mind." He held a hand out toward her. "What if it had been the other way around? What if it had been me in the fray?"

Rayne shrugged, looking at the floor. "I would have been scared, but I also would have known that you were a grown-up who could handle himself."

Tom let his hand drop and shook his head. "I know you're a grown-up Ray. It's not you I was angry at, and it still isn't, but..." He took a step, bringing himself right in front of Rayne as he reached out and gently placed a hand on her cheek. "Am I really asking for more than any other man? To have the woman I love and my child safe and sound where I can care for them? That's all I'm asking for Ray, nothing more." He shrugged as he gave her a small grin. "Besides, I've never hidden the fact that I want you to live with me in London. Unfortunately, this incident just serves to illustrate a prime example of one of the reasons why I'd like to have you closer."