A New Normal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayne had just ended her call when Tom came walking into the kitchen for a hug and kiss.

"How was your lunch with mum?"

Rayne smiled as she took a bottle of water from the fridge, almost unable to hide her excitement. "It was fruitful. I found a storefront on Savile Row. I made an offer."

Tom stared at her for a moment before slowly nodding. "Alright. Give me the address and I'll have Luke look into it for you. He'll get it sorted."

Rayne shook her head as she poked around in the fridge some more. "No need. It's already sorted." She shrugged. "Well, I should say that my people are sorting it."

Tom chuckled as he leaned against the kitchen counter. "You have people now?"

Rayne lifted a brow. "I've always had people. Do you think only celebrities have people?" She closed the refrigerator and leaned against it, copying his stance. "One of us needs to pick up a few things for dinner. I'll need to start it soon."

"I'll go as soon as our appointment leaves. What time are Ben and Anna due to be here?"

Rayne turned a confused face to him. "Eight o'clock. What appointment do we have?"

Just then, the doorbell rings and Tom grinned before turning to walk out of the room. In minutes, he was back with an attractive brunette following behind him. He motioned between Rayne and the newcomer with a smile. "Rayne, this is Abigail Winthrop, your new assistant/nanny."

Rayne stared at him for a moment in shock before opening her mouth to speak. When nothing came out, she cleared her throat and tried again as she stuck a hand out to shake the other woman's.

Ms. Winthrop, it's a pleasure to meet you." She smiled at the other woman, completely ignoring the man beside her. "You'll have to forgive my surprise, but I didn't know a thing about you." She cut Tom a withering glare as the Abigail smiled in understanding.

"I understand, ma'am. I must say that it seemed odd that Mr. Hiddleston was the one conducting the interview. Usually, I talk to both people."

Rayne gave the world's worst imitation of a chuckle, making Tom shoot her a glance as she patted Abigail on the back. "Well, we do seem to have our own version of normal around here. Would you mind if I asked you a few questions of my own?" She looked at Tom before continuing. "In private?"

When Abigail nodded and grinned, Rayne sent her down the hall to find her office with the promise that she'd be right with her before rounding on Tom the second the woman was out of earshot.

"Have you lost your fucking mind?!"

Tom looked offended as he indignantly crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I'm sure I don't know what you're referring to, Rayne. She was the perfect choice for... "