Sunshine And Strait Jackets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Have you got everything?"

Before Rayne could answer, Tom came walking into the kitchen. "Everything but me."

Rayne laughed as Agnes rolled her eyes, walking over to receive a hug and kiss. "What are you doing here?"

Tom gave her an extra squeeze before turning her loose. "I thought I'd take you to the airport. Wait with you."

Rayne shook her head. "Yeah, that's a bad idea."

Tom frowned as he followed her to the coffee pot. "And why is that?"

Agnes snorted in amusement, earning herself a glare from Tom. "You really don't know?" She shook her head as she handed Tom the cream for Rayne's coffee. "She goes by herself, she's under the radar. She goes with you, it will be on the six o'clock news." She waved a hand at him. "You are not hard to notice."

Rayne snickered at the look on Tom's face before she reached up a hand to turn his head to face her. "I didn't think we were ready to go public just yet."

Tom chewed on his lip for a moment before reluctantly nodding. "I suppose. I just... I guess I didn't give it much thought. I simply wanted to see you off, that's all."

Rayne stretched up to give him a peck on the lips that had Agnes making gagging noises.

"Can't you guys do that in private?"

Tom finally broke into a smile as he grabbed Rayne's hand and began pulling her from the kitchen.

"You're absolutely right, Agnes. My apologies."

Rayne broke into a sudden burst of giggles as Tom led them up the stairs to her bedroom, shutting the door behind them. Tom chuckled as he circled his arms around Rayne and buried his face in her neck.

"Tom! What are you doing? I have to leave very soon."

Tom looked down at his watch then back at Rayne with a gleam in his eyes. "We have an hour before you have to check in. That gives me plenty of time to give you something to remember me by."

Before Rayne could give a response, Tom was giving her a long, deep kiss that made her toes curl. He finally came up for air, running a finger down the side of her face. "I'm going to miss you, darling."

Rayne looked up to give Tom a slightly sad smile as she threaded her fingers through his hair. "It won't be that long. I'll be back before you know it." She gave him a kiss just as they heard knocking at the door. Tom growled in annoyance at the interruption, but Rayne giggled.

"Come on, you two! Daylight's burning!" Agnes huffed.

Rayne snickered as Tom muttered curses under his breath in response to being cajoled through the bedroom door. They defiantly allowed themselves five minutes more of kissing and cuddling before heading back downstairs at a decidedly slower pace than they had left the living room. When they reached the front door, Tom took Rayne into his arms once more, brushing a soft kiss on the forehead as he cradled her close to his chest.