Rock Steady

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Next Morning

Rayne could hear the group of Marvel superheroes before she saw them, each singing cadence as they came into view. She was doing side bends and a bit of stretching as she waited, wanting to be limber for the coming run. She was dressed quite casually of course, in leggings and a tank top under her Marvel jacket, with a pair of hot pink trainers on her feet and a Marvel snapback on her head, her hair pulled through the back in a ponytail.

As they got nearer to the shop doors, Anna nodded in salute and waved her into the pack. Rayne waited for Tom to run past before jumping right in at full speed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom laughed out loud when he saw Anna wave Rayne into the group, suddenly happy to be awake this early in the morning. He waited until she came up beside him to speak, although he was quite surprised to see her amongst the runners.

"I didn't know you were a runner, Rayne. You continue to surprise me, don't you?"

She laughed as he continued to watch her from the corner of his eye. She looked radiant this morning as if the early hour was a favorite time of hers. He tried to remember, but couldn't, whether or not she was a morning person or not. He gave his head a slight shake. Another notch on Asshole Tom's side. Bloody hell, they were lovers for months! Surely he should have paid more attention to those little details. Well, from now on, he would notice every little thing and make a mental map of one Rayne Ellison.

"I am indeed a runner. I'm sure there are all kinds of things you don't know about me, T-Hiddy."

Tom heard a snicker come from behind them and looked over his shoulder to see Robert wink at him. He turned back to Rayne with a chuckle of his own. "I'm sure that's true, darling. I shall look forward to finding out all of your secrets."

She seemed to be thinking about something before she turned to wink at him and grin. "Are you up for making this interesting?"

Tom lifted a brow as Anna picked up the pace of the group. He was starting to breathe a little heavier, as were the other guys, while Anna and Rayne looked like they hadn't even hit their stride yet. Of course, the cast were all wearing heavy packs as well, so that made some difference. "You mean more interesting than carrying you back to the shop when you pass out from exhaustion?"

She laughed loudly, causing Anna to turn and smirk in their direction. Rayne suddenly twisted around and started jogging backward beside him, making Robert roar with laughter. "Oh, smack talk, Hiddles? You don't know what you're in for, baby. What do ya say? A friendly little wager between friends?"

Tom slowly grinned, seeing his perfect opportunity. "Alright, darling." He held up his wrist to show his Apple Watch. "Best heart rate wins?"

She nodded and stuck a hand out. "If I win, you have to bring me breakfast every morning of the shoot."