Savannah Nights

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATURE CONTENT WARNING!!!

It's not too bad, but someone is bound to find it mature. Just a word to the wise.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Savannah is the oldest city in the state of Georgia and is the county seat of Chatham County. Established in 1733 on the Savannah River, the city of Savannah became the British colonial capital of the Province of Georgia and later the first state capital of Georgia. It is Georgia's fifth largest city and third largest metropolitan area."

Tom just stared at Rayne in fascination as their driver chuckled. It had been her idea to follow a tour bus around town, assuring Tom that she could fill him in on the city. He had thought she was joking, but apparently, she knew what she was talking about. The more she spoke, the bigger his smile became.

"Each year Savannah attracts millions of visitors to its cobblestone streets, parks, and notable historic buildings: the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Lowe, the founder of The Girl Scouts, the Georgia Historical Society, and the Central of Georgia Railway roundhouse complex, the oldest standing antebellum rail facility in America."

Tom laughed as she finished, slowly clapping. "That was amazing, darling! How do you know all of that?"

Rayne just grinned and pointed at the tour bus in front of them. "I spent my free time from school riding around on one of those, giving that speech. Paid my way through college."

Tom shook his head before leaning in for a kiss. "You continue to surprise me, luv, you really do."

Rayne just shrugged, blushing a little. "I'm just me, Tom."

Tom kissed her again before shaking his head. "Perhaps, darling, but you? You are amazing."

Rayne leaned her head over on Tom's shoulder and breathed deeply in contentment as he told the driver to head to Tybee Island.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayne woke from a nap as they were pulling into the drive of a beautiful beach house. They quickly grabbed their bags from the trunk of the car and Tom made arrangements to be picked up the next evening before they started up the walk to the house. As they reached the front door, they saw a note attached and Tom pulled it off.

Welcome! Come on in and make yourself comfy. We'll join you shortly!

Tom grinned and opened the door for Rayne to walk ahead of him into the foyer. As they sat their bags down, they heard a strange noise, almost like moaning, coming from upstairs. Tom and Rayne looked at each other then towards the stairs as they heard the noise again. Tom rolled his eyes as Rayne snorted in laughter and covered her mouth. Tom just shook his head and nodded toward the patio doors.