London Calling

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Page Two."

That's all Agnes said as she plopped a tabloid down in front of Rayne on the desk and sashayed over to her own desk, whistling jauntily. They'd been in Scotland for a week and they'd been so busy that Rayne barely had time to go back to the hotel at night and fall into bed. She eyed the paper with distaste as she leafed to the second page, groaning as she saw a picture of herself and Tom kissing in the middle of JFK. She slapped a hand to her forehead as her phone started ringing, knowing who it was before she even looked, while Agnes chuckled.

"Three guesses who that is."

Rayne sighed as she slid her finger across the screen. "Hello, Tom."

"Hello, darling. You know, I texted you two hours ago to call me."

Rayne cringed as she looked at her watch as if to say that it was the object's fault. "I know. I fully intended to, then I got busy and forgot. What's up?"

She heard Tom chuckle on the other end of the call. "Now, Rayne, I'm pretty sure you know why I'm calling. No doubt Agnes has called your attention to a certain small news article."

She glared at the British tabloid and rolled her eyes. "Yeah, just now, actually. I haven't had a chance to read it yet."

Tom scoffed. "Don't bother darling. It's just the usual drivel. I just wanted to make sure you knew about it, find out how you were feeling."

It was Rayne's turn to snicker. "Well, I guess we just went public. I would have preferred it be on our terms, but you can't have everything I suppose."

"Well, I think we both knew there was a chance that someone caught that kiss on camera. It was just a matter of time before it turned up. It actually took longer than I thought it would." Tom paused for a moment before continuing. "Would you like Luke to issue a statement on our behalf?"

"A statement about what?"

Tom cleared his throat. "Well, it could go one of two ways, I suppose. We can deny it, state that we aren't a couple, but then, when we do go public, we'll be caught in the lie. Or, he can issue a statement that yes, we're in love and happy in a committed relationship."

Rayne gave a mock sigh as she smiled to herself. "Damn, and I was just using you for sex."

Tom laughed out loud at that, breaking the tension. "Well, you can feel free to use me for sex, as often as you would like, darling. I just happen to require the happy, committed relationship to go along with said sexual dalliances."

Rayne chuckled at that, then became more serious. "I'm fine with that, Mr. Hiddleston, but are you? You'll lose your sexy single celebrity status."

She heard Tom breathing for a minute before he answered. "I think I already lost that a while ago, darling. Can't I be a sexy, committed celebrity? I think I'd rather enjoy that status more."