It's A Pleasure To Meet You

Am I the only one that could totally see Tom doing a Fred Astaire role? I am? Ok, moving on...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayne clutched Woof's leash tightly in her hand as she followed Tom up the sidewalk to his mother's house. As the door slowly opened, Rayne wished she were anywhere but there as Tom's mother stepped through to welcome her son. She wiped a suddenly sweaty palm over her skirt as Tom turned to her with an arm around his mother's shoulders.

"Mum, this is Rayne Ellison, my girlfriend, and her dog, Woof." Tom smiled at her, trying to give her a silent confidence boost. "Rayne, this is my mother, Diana Hiddleston."

Rayne took a deep breath and stepped forward with her hand out to shake. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Hiddleston."

Diana waved a dismissive hand as she stepped forward to take Rayne into a strong hug. "Diana please." She moved back somewhat to look at Rayne, smiling. "My, aren't you a gorgeous thing!"

Rayne just smiled as Tom introduced his mother to Agnes, who received a hug as well. Rayne looked and saw two women coming out the front door and smiled at the resemblance between them and Tom. The older of the two introduced herself as Sarah, Tom's oldest sister, and the other as Emma, the youngest. As everyone started inside, Tom wrapped an arm around Rayne's waist and leaned in for a kiss.

"See, darling? I told you mum would love you." He smiled down at her before taking Woof's lead from her. "Come on, let's get Woof and Baci settled. They must be hungry."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayne sat back on the couch and smiled at the mayhem going on around her. They had just finished dinner and everyone was gathered in the family room. There was a huge group: Tom, herself, Agnes, Diana, Emma and her husband, Sarah and her husband, numerous nieces, and nephews, and of course, the dogs. The only one that seemed to be missing was Tom's father, James, and he was coming in the morning for church. Tom's sisters and their families weren't spending the night, as Emma lived nearby and Sarah's brood would stay at her house.

Presently, Tom and his sisters were arguing over what movie they all would watch. Agnes had retired for the night, saying that she still wasn't completely over her jetlag. She heard Diana chuckle as she sat down beside her, shaking her head.

"Some things never change, even with as old as they are. Tom still wants to watch The Wizard Of Oz, while the girls want to watch Easter Parade. Of course, in the end, we'll end up watching both, but it's fun to watch them squabble like the old days." Rayne chuckled as Diana smiled at her. "I have to say that when Tom said you were coming, I had my doubts. You see, he's had a few female friends through the years, and I was honestly dreading another one that would want to fight with him the entire time he was here, or would just act like she didn't want to be here at all. I'm happy to say that you are a delight, darling."