Life In London

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Month Later

Rayne looked up as Abby came in the office. She smiled at her assistant as Abby took the seat across the desk from her.

"What's my schedule look like today, Abby?"

The young woman swiped the face of her tablet a few times before answering. "Looks like a free morning, then you have lunch with Anna and the rest of the day is free as well."

Rayne smiled at the mention of her friend. She hadn't had a chance to see her in weeks and was looking forward to some girl time before leaving for L.A.

"Sounds like a pretty good day." She tilted her head at Abby and grinned. "How about going for a ride into town? I'd like to check out the thrift shops for some vintage clothing."

Abby nodded, grinning. "Yes, that sounds like a good way to wile away the morning. Oh, your lawyer called and said that the closing of the Savile Row property should be next week."

Rayne chuckled delightedly and fist pumped the air as Abby laughed along with her. "Yes! Finally! Just in time, too. Things are finally starting to fall into place."

As they left Raye's office and walked down the hall to the foyer, Abby turned to her boss. "You've never told me what type of shop you plan on opening."

Rayne looked shocked as she took her handbag from the hall table. "I haven't? Seriously?" She shook her head and chuckled. "Boy, this pregnancy has me loopier than I usually am." She locked up then they walked to Abby's car sitting at the curb. "I'm opening a boutique I suppose. I'm going to recondition vintage and designer clothing, maybe throw in some of my own designs as well."

Abby considered what Rayne had told her before finally nodding. "Sounds like my kind of place. I'm sure you'll be very successful."

Rayne shrugged as they started down the road. "Well, perhaps not at first, but hopefully I'll build a following. It's all about return customers."

Abby nodded then glanced at her passenger. "Where to first?"

Rayne thought for a moment before replying. "Old Spitalfields to start, I think. If we're too long there, I'll call Anna and have her meet us there for lunch."

As Abby pointed the car in that direction, Rayne went through a mental list of what type of items she was looking for and before she knew it, they were pulling into a parking garage down the street from the market.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early afternoon found Anna, Rayne, and Abby sitting at a table in an outdoor cafe, laughing hysterically at a story Rayne was telling about a movie shoot she did with Michael Fassbender. Abby looked down at her phone and grinned before glancing at Rayne.