Say Yes To The Dress

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rayne opened one eye as she felt a wet tongue on the side of her face. She groaned as she pushed the head away and struggled to wake up.

"Ugh! Woof, get off!"

She heard a snicker before she was suddenly flipped over onto her back to see Tom leaning over her, laughing. "I feel like I should be offended that you thought I was the dog."

Rayne snorted as she pushed him back, trying to sit up. "Well, when you wake me by licking my face, that's going to be my first assumption, you weirdo." She pushed her hair back out of her face and looked around with still-fuzzy vision. "What time is it?"

Tom flipped over onto his back beside her on the bed as he looked at his watch. "It's just after eight a.m." He pulled on her arm until she flopped bonelessly over onto his chest. "Why didn't you wake me?"

Rayne snickered as she drew random figure eights on his shirt with her finger. "Well, you looked so peaceful, and I might have felt a little offended myself."

"Why is that, luv?"

Rayne looked up at him and grinned. "Well, when you chose the dog as a bed partner over me, I thought, ok, then."

Tom chuckled as he ran his long fingers through her hair, making her sigh. "Well, you have to believe me when I say that was not the plan. I thought I'd get him to settle down and then I'd join you, but it didn't work out that way."

Suddenly, there was a loud knock on the bedroom door, followed by Agnes' voice. "You two going to sleep all day? Got nothing better to do?"

Rayne groaned as Tom chuckled. She yawned and sat up to swing her legs off the bed. "I need to grab a shower."

She heard Tom sigh before she heard the bed move, signaling that he'd also gotten up. "Ok. I'll go see what's going on with breakfast."

By the time Rayne made it into the kitchen, there was quite the crowd. Both assistants, Melanie, Agnes, and Tom were laughing and eating as she leaned against the wall watching them for a moment before Tom noticed she was there. He pointed at the chair next to him and jumped up.

"Have a seat, darling. I'll fix you a plate." Rayne nodded as she took the seat he pointed out, reaching for the coffee urn to pour a cup of much-needed energy. Tom came back to the table with a plate piled with scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast. "Anna and Ben had to leave so they could head back to the hotel and get ready to leave, but Anna told me to tell you that they would see us later this evening. Agnes is going to drop me off at the hotel on her way in to work, then I'll come back for you. How does that sound?"

"That sounds fine. I'm already packed, I just need to make some more notes for the lecture."

Agnes nodded at a plate on the table. "You need to try those little polenta triangles that Anna made. They're fabulous!"