Home Sweet Home

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One Month Later

Rayne smoothed the tape down on the packing box and sighed before turning to Anna. "Last one."

Tomorrow, the movers would come to collect everything that Rayne was shipping to London. She looked around at the almost barren living room with a wistful expression before grinning up at Anna from where she sat on the floor.

Anna held out a hand and Rayne high-fived her before letting Anna pull her up off the floor. "This is good. We're ready to go."

Rayne nodded, turning to walk into the kitchen. It was strange to think that in two days, she'd be on a plane, taking her first step into her new life. She blew out a breath as she opened the fridge and saw nothing. She grinned at Anna as she walked in the room.

"It looks like take out tonight. The cupboards are bare."

Anna laughed. "Well, that's just going to have to suffice. Once the boys get here, we'll figure out what we want."

Rayne thought for a minute before grinning. "A huge greasy burger sounds really good. I'm sure that as soon as I set foot on British soil, Tom will have me eating bean sprouts and kale."

Anna laughed as she nodded, thinking that Rayne was probably right. "One greasy burger it is then, along with all the fixin's."

Rayne gave her a smacking kiss on the cheek. "You're a goddess!" She pointed to the hallway. "I'm going to go see if I missed anything in the bedroom."

Anna nodded as she looked at her phone. She had been texting back and forth with Ben, and Rayne just grinned and headed for her room.

She sat down on the side of the bed and gently placed a hand on her growing stomach, smiling as she thought about how surprised Tom would be when he saw the baby bump she was now sporting. She'd purposely stayed away from Skype, wanting him to see it in person for the first time. The one and only time she had opened the app on her tablet was to see the new puppies, along with Baci and Woof. Tom had been so proud to show them all off that she couldn't help but give in that one time.

None of her clothes fit anymore, so she had resorted to wearing leggings and flannel shirts or baggy t-shirts, especially when she went out in public. She didn't want the world to see her condition before Tom had a chance, so she hid her swollen belly.

She was interrupted in her thoughts by a very familiar voice coming from the doorway.

"This is the best view I've had all month."

Rayne jumped up and met him halfway across the room, immediately pulled into a tight hug. "It's about time you got here."

Tom leaned down to give her a kiss before burying his face in her neck. "How are you darling? Let me get a good look at you." Rayne took a step back, grinning as she did a slow spin in front of Tom. He reached out a hand to touch her stomach, looking at her with tears in his eyes. "You're starting to show!"