Chapter 12

Ashton's P.O.V.

"That was delicious." Luke mumbles.

I smile. "Only the best for you."

Luke quirked an eyebrow at me.

"Ham and cheese sandwiches are the best?"

"Totally."

Luke and I looked at each other before blowing up into laughter.

Right now we were sitting up on the blanket and just talking after finishing dinner.

"The wine added a very nice touch." Luke admits.

"I knew you'd like it." I state proudly.

Luke leans over and kisses me.

I knew I was blushing because Luke was squeezing my cheeks and saying in a voice you'd use to talk to a baby, "You look so cute when you blush like that."

I blush even more. Luke laughs.

God, his laugh is so angelic.

-

We've been talking for a while now. For so long, it's dark. Giving the park an amazing yellow glow from the candles and lanterns.

I've found out that Luke's birthday is in July(and he's only 17 while I'm 19, but that doesn't seem to bother either one of us) he has an obsession with penguins, he sings and plays guitar and a bunch of other stuff.

But when I mentioned family, sadness and ferocity crossed his features.

I dropped the subject immediately because the way his emotions showed was too much for me to bear.

Somehow, the music knew what to do. The song that played was once again 500 Years of Winter.

What the hell Michael?! Did you put in their fucking album or something?!

But the song was beautiful. Luke's face showed recognition and I know he knew it.

I stand up from the ground, dusting off my jeans, and reach my hand out towards the blonde boy.

"Do you wanna dance?"

Luke's head lifts from the top of his bent knees and he smiles.

He closes his hand into mine and I pull him up.

Wrapping him close to me, I tightly grasp my hands behind his back so there's no escape for him.

He giggles, but doesn't struggle against it.

His hands skim up my back and rest on my shoulder blades, with his fingers just reaching the top of my shoulders.

His forearms are level with my biceps, his head leans on my shoulder, and I feel him relax into me.

We slowly sway to the music, dancing in the moonlight. Enjoying each other's presence. I notice that fireflies have started to come out and are adding a delicate fairy-tale touch to the situation we were in.

As we listen to the singing, it doesn't take long for me to pick up on the lyrics.

"And when we both fall alseep, underneath the same sky, to the beat of our hearts at the same time, so close but so far away," I happily sing to Luke's fuzzy hair.

Luke bolts his head up. "Did you just sing that yourself?"

"Uh, yes. Yes, that was me." I shakily answer back.

Luke grins brighter than the sun.

"Ash, you're amazing. No, you're more than amazing. You're incredible, spectacular, perfect!" he compliments.