Chapter 24

Luke's P.O.V.

I rolled onto my back, laughing so hard my eyes were squeezed shut and I was gasping for air.

Me and the guys were playing 20 Questions to find out some stuff about each other.

I had just asked what they missed the most that they couldn't get here and they all answered heartfelt things like family, girlfriends, pets...

Except for Niall.

His answer was: "Nando's."

The boys and I went ballistic.

"Nando's? That's what you miss the most?" Harry asks Niall. Still struggling to breathe normally.

Niall looked bewildered. "What's wrong with Nando's?" His bottom lip puckers out and he makes the most adorable pout.

I sling an arm around his shoulders. "Nothing mate. We just think it's hilarious that the thing you miss the most is food. And I can't believe how calm you guys are about this."

He smiles, " We've been here for a long time Luke. And hey! Maybe for our next trip Josh will get us some food from Nando's."

I give him an incredulous look.

"Trip. You take trips?"

Liam nods. "If we're good, Josh always takes us to an old park no one uses so we can run around and play on the playground." He ends his statement with a sad smile.

"So what's wrong with that?" I hesitantly ask.

"We haven't been very good lately," Zayn answers for Liam.

My shoulders slump. "Why? What happened?"

Zayn pulls his knees to his chest, signaling that he wasn't going to talk anymore.

"You know how you had to go through the wardrobe to get to this room back here," Harry says instead.

I nod my head yes.

"Well, we didn't find the room until a couple of weeks ago. And we decided to use this room to our advantage. We were gonna use it to try and escape." Harry starts.

"Louis was yelling for Zayn to come downstairs one day." Liam chimes in. I hear Zayn wince.

"And we were gonna hide back here for a while," adds Niall. "And wait for Louis to come up and search for us."

I shake my head. "What good was that going to do?"

"If Louis didn't find us, he was going to set the escape alarm." Liam tells me.

"Did he find you? What escape alarm? How did you know about it? Are there other people like Louis or something?" There were questions blowing up my brain.

"He didn't find us. The escape alarm is what Josh commands his guards to trigger when captives run. And yes. There are others." Harry answers.

"We thought everyone had left to search for us. We thought we could simply run out that front door and we'd be free..." Liam trails off.

"I ran first," Zayn finally speaks. "And I collided right with Louis' back. He turned around and saw me. I thought he was going to let us by. I watched as worry passed through his eyes. Like he knew something bad was going to happen," Zayn paused.

I waited for him to continue.

Then he balled up his fists and shot up from the floor suddenly.

"HE SHOULD'VE LET US GO! HE LOOKED AT ME WITH A DISGUSTING EVIL SMILE! He-he was the one that fucking u-used me that night." Zayns screams subsided into sobs.

"He beat me that night, too. None of us had ever been hit. Just pinned to something if we started fighting back and Josh was always the one to call us down. But Louis... Of all people. He knew this was Hell on Earth. He just helped manage it." Zayn just cried after he was done his confession. Liam holding him and trying to calm him down.

But,

There was still one question...

"How did you know about the alarm?" I ask again.

Niall sighs. "We've been here for quite some time, Luke. It's been months."

"10 months actually." Liam says.

"And there was another boy trapped up here with us," Harry says sadly.

"Who?" I whisper.

"Louis." they all say in unison.

I can't seem to think straight.

Louis used to be one of them...

And still he continued their torture. Helped with it even.

"Louis tried to escape before." Harry blurts out. "That's why we knew about the alarm."

"He wanted us to go with him," Niall says. "But we were all too scared. I guess he's still pissed at us for it."

Liam scoffs. "Even though he's the dumbass that got himself caught. His punishment..."

"Becoming one of Josh's guards." I finish for him.

They all slowly nod.

"I think that's enough for one night," I say, standing up.

The boys just look up at me.

"Where do I sleep?" I say softly, trying to lighten the depressed mood.

Niall and Harry chuckle while Liam and Zayn stay quiet.

"We just sleep on random couches." Liam says.

"Oh, okay." I start heading to the wardrobe, getting ready to climb through it and go to the room on the other side.

"Wait up! I'm coming." Zayn sputters.

I smile as I wait for him and the other three to catch up with me.

After settling down on different couches, I lay on my back. Staring at the ceiling because I know that after this...

I don't think I'll be able to sleep a wink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

soooo sorry if this is confusing.

I kinda wing this stuff.

I tried giving you some background on what Josh... runs.

And what Louis is kinda like.

again. sorry if its confusing.

And can I just say...

HOLY FUCKING SHITBALLS!

500+ READS AND 90+ VOTES!!

BUTTERFLIES, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME.

I HONESTLY THOUGHT THIS WAS GOING TO BE ONE OF THOSE TERRIBLE FANFICS THAT MAKE NO SENSE FOR SHIT AND... I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW FAR I'VE GOTTEN BECAUSE OF YOU GUYS.

I LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH

LOTS OF FUCKING LOVE <3

-xx