Chapter 19

Luke's P.O.V.

I jumped into my car and pulled out of the driveway.

I was on my way to Michael's house, where I texted him and Calum to meet me.

I left a note and a blue rose on the bedside table for Ashton, telling him I had to leave really quick but I would be home soon and I love him.

I really needed to thank Calum and Michael.

I couldn't even imagine what Ashton would be like if that Josh-guy did have his way with him.

He definitely wouldn't be the fun-loving, happy-go-lucky boy I know he is today.

I probably wouldn't have even met him.

He'd most likely be locked in a dark room, awaiting his next attack.

I shivered at the thought of a small, dirty, broken Ashton, cowering in a corner because his innocence was taken away unwillingly.

I really needed to thank Michael and Calum.

My mind back-tracked to that night at the Carnival.

I felt a smile creep its way onto my face.

That will always be the best night of my life. No, not because I almost got laid and was so comfortable with it, I didn't even know it was happening.

But because I met the love of my life.

Ashton will always be my universe, whether he knew it or not. And if I could, I would give him the world.

I made the best decision of my life moving here.

I finally reached Mikey's house.

After turning off and getting out of my car, I didn't even knock as I reached the front door.

Although, I probably should've, considering the fact that I just walked in on Calum and Michael making out.

My emotions told me I didn't care. I continued to stride across the living room to the two boys.

Calum finally took notice and stood up. "Luke? What are you doing here mate?"

"To thank you." I rush out.

By now, Michael was standing too, and both boys looked confused as hell.

I stood in front of them and wrapped and arm around each of their shoulders.

I gave a kiss on each of their cheeks and squeezed them closer to me.

"Woah," Michael said. "If you're trying to thank us by having a threesome, I'll pass mate."

I laughed. Not noticing I was crying. I pulled my head back to smile at them, and their faces turned serious.

"What's wrong Luke?" Calum asked.

"Nothing. Everything is perfect. And it's all because of you two."

I hugged them tightly again before stepping back.

"But what did we do?" Michael pipes up.

"You saved Ashton. And I am eternally grateful for that."

Michael and Calum still looked puzzled, until recognition passed across their features. They smiled sadly at me.

"It was nothing. Ashton was-is-

one of our best mates. We'd do anything for him. Same for you." they said in unison.

I smiled. These guys are the best.

"So I know, I could never do anything to thank you enough. But I hope this can be a start?" I raise my shoulders.