Chapter 26

Ashton's P.O.V.

"What if it's not Luke, Ashton! What if Josh tortured Luke into telling him something that only you two know?!"

Michael was screaming at me while I was trying to pack. Getting ready to get on the next flight to America.

"Listen to Michael," Calum quietly says. "You really don't know if it's Luke or not."

I heaved out a large sigh. "I'm still going after him."

I grab a pile of shirts from my dresser and throw them into the suitcase lying open on my bed.

Michael reaches down and picks them up, throwing them over his shoulder.

We continue this for a while. I throw a pair a jeans in my bag, Michael plucks them right back out.

Toothbrush, deodorant... Nope they both don't stay in there for very long.

"Michael, you're making a mess." I scowl at him.

He throws a pair of Superman boxers behind him. "You'll thank me later."

He walks over to me and puts his hands on my shoulders. "Please Ashton. Don't go."

His eyes are pleading me and he's no longer yelling.

Calum stands next to him. "We've already lost one friend. We don't want to lose you too, Ash."

I tug at my hair. "Why are you assuming he's gone! He's still alive, he isn't dead for Christ's sake."

I push them both out of my way, picking up whatever was on the floor and shove angrily into my suitcase.

Neither one of them say another word.

I zip up my bag.

"I'm going, whether you want me to or not. And right now, all I want to know is if you're in this with me." They're my friends, all I'm asking for is their support.

Calum nods. "Of course I'm in this with you Ash." He gives me a hug.

After he pulls back, I hear Michael say under his breath, "I'm so going to regret this."

He starts rolling my luggage to the door. "Let's get going, dipshits."

-

Me and the boys were waiting in the airport. Calum went to the bathroom and Michael had already smelled the food a mile away.

I was just sitting like a loner, watching our carry-ons and playing on my phone.

I heard someone clear their throat. "Excuse, Mr. Irwin."

My head shot up. In front of me stood the same Sheriff that I had met at the Police Barracks.

"Oh. Uhm, hi." I fumbled.

"Mr. Irwin, I just wanted to inform you that we got in contact with the police over in America and there should be officers to escort you from the airport."

"Th-thanks."

The Sheriff nodded his head.

He went to turn when I stopped him.

"Wait, uh Sheriff?" I called.

"Yes?"

"Were you able to trace the text?"

"Yes we were."

"What did you find out?" I pushed.

"Your partner is in New Jersey. East Rutherford to be more specific."

New Jersey...

"Okay. Thank you again." I forced a small smile.

"Anytime." He gave a small wave before heading away.

Michael and Calum fell into the seats on each side of me.

"So, what were you talking about?" Calum asks.

"Ywah. Dig youg fine out wa shate." Michael said through a full mouth.

"Chew and swallow. Then speak." I teased him

I watched him gulp. "I said: Did you find out what state?"

"Yup. New Jersey."

"Ooh," Michael's eyes lit up. "They have great salt water taffy."

Calum and I chuckled.

If only that was what we were going there for...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eew. I have work tomorrow... :(

560+ reads & 100+ votes!! :))))

lots of love <3

-xx