1

I was currently locked in a chest panicking.i could feel my breathing coming to a dangerous stop and then a fast unnatural pace.I quickly tried to count to 10. Certainly that would help .

I sat in the chest thinking , how did I mess up this time ?

Marie had told Mother that I went out today. Mother didn't react well when she found out ,to top it off I was hanging out with someone as well so it was an even worse of a punishment . I was exploring the fields with Mindy. I smiled faintly as I recalled today. We found cool items people had abandoned and even shared snacks.what little snacks I had , I was happy enough to share them with her .

I got a whole glass pitcher broken on my head. Kneeled in rice for hours while my mother kicked and spat all over me. All the while she would curse and say inappropriate words to me . Some I didn't even understand but could only connect them to negative things. I could look them up later out of curiosity.she was really mad this time. She was sick and weaker than usual but still very mad .why was she always mad with Me?

I swallowed as I heard movement outside the chest. I curled myself more as it neared me.please I haven't done anything , I'm stuck in a chest . I heard the lock pop off and I winced feeling the nice cold air entering the stuffy box.as if the air was water I felt it enter towards every corner, engulfing me in coldness. I curled my toes and lowered my face on my aching knees . Forming as tight as a ball as I could .

I breathed in the fresh air slowly and looked up cautiously.... Mother wouldn't have waited this long ....I met my father's unbothered eyes and he frowned at me.a little spark in my heart began . It flickered , my father came to rescue me !

"We're leaving tomorrow,  get your stuff packed and your room cleaned up," was all he said and left-back upstairs. I was left alone in the chilly basement again. I smiled weakly and nodded . I shook one last shiver and got out the chest. I stood there staring at it, entranced by it, comforted. That's crazy .

It surprised me how small it really was. My mother really shoved me in there . I seemed to fit in almost anything..... anywhere my mother wanted me in. Closets, chests, and cabinets. I rubbed at the bruises that ached. I stood and stretched, there was something bothering me . Regretting it instantly I curled up when the pain trickled through my whole body , maybe it was too soon to be moving around so much . it was ok, I had to pack .like father said ! i had to get going, the more time I wasted the more it'll take to get things done. After all he came all the way down here to help me and tell me .I'm really thankful he did .

I climbed the stairs up and listened carefully not to bump into my mother. She wouldn't be happy knowing dad let me out. I smiled , dad helped me out .

I padded up the stairs avoiding the creaking steps. As I did I thought of where we might be going. We moved around a lot. Always due to dad's business, yet I didn't even know what he did. It made my mother very angry, but I kinda liked it. It allowed me to adventure out to different places. To meet new people is what a normal person would say ... wait--

That reminded me I had to say good-bye to Mindy. She was my neighbour. A friend.my only friend really. I really didn't talk much about home to her but she somehow connected the dots.She would offer for me to stay at her house sometimes, but I refuse every time. Mother would definitely kill me if I did. I shivered at the mere thought of bringing it up to her.

I got to my room and frowned. Marie ransacked it....again, My clothes were all over the place. My books ripped . My CDs were all broken. I frowned and my lip quivered. I silently made my way in and collected my things. I kept every torn bit of my books and thanked heaven that the pages were just pulled out. I smiled at the thought of it being a puzzle and how fun it would be to put it back together. It wasn't totally lost. There's no time to think in the negative .

I walked around my room cleaning and packing my stuff. humming along to some classical songs playing in my head.

I really only had about one box full of things. Mostly small trinkets and stuff I'd find outside when I'd explored. I Wonder what there was to explore in the new location? where were we going to this time? I smiled excitingly , I got shivers thinking about exploring new places .

I smiled and touched a plush doll of a monkey. I found this at the park down the street. I grabbed it and a piece of paper.
I located a pen on the floor and began my letter.

~~~~~~~~~

I smiled as a tear fell down my cheek. I couldn't believe I was leaving. I'm leaving my only friend! I wiped my snot and folded the paper in an origami swan. She taught me that. She was really nice and a good friend ... Im sad  I never got to be her  bestfriend .

I opened my window and waited and tried to find any noises outside and inside my house. Nothing. It was dead silent and this was my queue.

I climbed out the window in my room and to Mindys window. I knocked our secret code and she popped up spooking me and almost had me tumbling down the roof. I giggled as she smiled crazily. A part of me broke knowing I'd leave her. She pulled open her window and I helped. We both giggled as I let out a huff of air. I smiled and handed her the swan and the monkey. I hugged her and ran back to my window yelling a loud, but still quiet good-night and to read the letter . I stared at her for a bit and yelled a thank you as well. She didn't know it but I was thanking her for a lot . She made me feel normal .

I entered my room and sighed. We were moving tomorrow.where to? I wondered once more.

I shook my head thinking of the possible places where. I climbed on my bed and curled up to sleep, a peaceful rest after a busy day sounded amazing. Once again the pain came back to my body. I winced and tried to close my eyes and rest for a bit. At least for a bit.bask in this serene calmness that was the night.