8

Ian had carried me to the kitchen after my morning breakdown. I had entered another view of life. I was going to live for myself and find my own family. The people who hurt you weren't entitled to be next to you in life.

Ian sat me down on a swiveling stool and began cooking breakfast. I tried getting off and helping him, but he'd pick me up and place me on the table-top. I grumbled and he'd poke my nose. I wanted to help.

"Help!" I grumbled and crossed my arm. My lip stuck out as I pouted. I wanted to help!

He looked at me and accidentally dropped his spatula while staring at me. He cursed and picked it up. I think he was blushing too. I giggled. Ha, I got him.

He dropped some batter all over the place, so I dropped off the counter and grabbed a towel to clean up. He didn't protest this time but warned me not to get too close to the stove or the pans. I complied and quietly cleaned up around him.

"Ian" I coughed out, and he snapped his head in my direction. He looked alarmed and I smiled. I pointed to a pack of beers on the floor and quirked my brow. He frowned then scratched his neck.

"It is for friends when they come over on family meetings," he said and I giggled. I watched him when I was done with the cleaning. He caught me staring and I blushed.

"Do you want to help with making the batter?" He asked and I nodded my head. He passed me a bowl and stuff to make pancake batter with. I looked at it and felt a bit risky and I asked him.

" Chocolate?" I asked and tried my best to-do puppy eyes, I saw it on TV yesterday. he looked at me and his mouth flew open he blushed and closed his mouth, he quickly nodded his head.

"Y-yeah! Yeah, chocolate, let's add chocolate!" He said and looked around his cabinet.

"I think Luke left some last time he hung out. Little twerp." He said and rummaged through the stuff. I giggled when a salt shaker fell in his face. I felt bad but he laughed too. He blushed brighter and picked it off the floor. He placed it back in the cabinet and found a bag of chocolate kisses.

" I think these would work right?" He said and I smiled widely and nodded my head.

" Don't put too much of those in there Ian! Doc said take care of her remember, not to give her diabetes" the long-haired man said and I busted out laughing. Diabetes? I doubt id get diabetes from eating pancakes.

"Hey, you little cutie don't laugh, eating too many sweets can give you cavities miss. And as for you Ian, just because she flashes those baby greens at you doesn't mean you should give her unhealthy things. Doc called me and told me to care for her too since knowing you, you'd give her whatever she wanted. " The guy said and I frowned at him. He stared at me and I hugged my chocolate chip pancake batter. He gave a hearty laugh and nodded his head.

" Okay but only three pancakes, then eat fruits and bacon or something.is this what having kids is like?" He said and grumbled the last part as he walked past me. He ruffled my hair and got some sort of smoothie out. Chess caught me eyeing it and chuckled.

" You want some ?" He asked and I nodded curiously. He whipped out a straw and put it in his bottle then passed it to me. I took it and smelt it. It didn't smell? I cautiously took a sip..... I regretted it. My face contorted as I tasted onion and egg, then other vegetables and stuff. Was there milk? What was this???? I swallowed it and coughed. He gave a loud hearty laugh and Ian smacked him.

"Eew," I told him and tried wiping my mouth of it. It was still on my tongue. Ewwww.

"That's a protein shake sang," the guy said and left laughing. I looked at Ian and stuck my tongue out, it was nasty.