3

I was fiddling with the computer when i heard the door knob turn. I frooze completely. It took me a second of shock before i completely shut down the computer and hid under the desk. I just unplugged the cord and stayed quiet as the door opened . There were two people ?

In walked my parents .

" what are we going to do with her!" Mother  screeched. I heard a sigh then a throat clearing.

" we are not going to do anything , shes going to live with us until she turns 18 then she could find her own way. " was all my father said . I heard my mother mumble and curse at me. Find my own way ?

Were they planning to kick me out? I felt a pang in my chest. My heart hurt , not physically, maybe physically. It surely took a blow.i know they didnt like me ....but to completely kick me out? Im their daughter? Even if they didn't like me did they not love me for being their daughter

" i cant wait for that little slut to get out my house.i heard she was talking to one of the movers." Was all she said as they exited the room.......i felt my body go rigid at the thoughts she might be thinking of  doing to me.

I heard the door close and i frowned. They really didnt like me. Did they ever love me ? Ever truly loved me ?
I shook my head and crawled out , of course they did . At some point they must have had to? Right. I made my way out the room. I heard someone was in the kitchen so i slowly crept by.

It was my mother , she was looking through the medicine cabinet.  Probably throwing all the empty bottles out.i saw as she snapped her head like an animal with wild instinct and glared right at me. I flinched and looked away. Oh no .

"Get over here you little bitch." She said and i hesitantly walked over to her. Out the corner of my eye i saw movement. I looked up and ian was around the corner peeping in. No! He couldnt see this!

I shooed him away when my mother wasnt looking. He stayed stone faced and shook his head no . He had a serious face as he stood watching over me and my mother . He wasnt going to like this. I didn't like this . I didn't want him to see....

I just hope he doesnt stop her.

She hobbled around the kitchen getting ingrediants i knew all too well to punish me with. I shook and told her i was sorry over and over again. I had to avoid this , i couldnt let him see...I could feel my body shaking and my nerves buzz with anxiety. This would be bad .

" shut the fuck up !they'll hear you outside whore." She said and slapped me hard. I held it in and looked up at ian , he looked angry, he was going to step in but i raised my hands up pleading him to stop.please ...please no! He frowned and stood by the corner. He was glaring back toward us and it was scary enough for me to not want to look at him . I hope this would be over soon.

My mother grabbed my hair and dragged me near the sink. She stretched me over the sink and poured the horrible concotion into my mouth. I swallowed it to quickly get it out the way. I felt it sting my whole throat as it went down . I gave violent coughs but she kept pouring.

"Drink it all you little bitch" she said and poured it completely all in my mouth.my eyes were watery but it wasnt because it hurt, no , it was because of ian , he saw this all. I looked up and he was gripping the wall and glaring at my mother. I shook my head at him when he leaned to take a step forwards . I pleaded with my eyes and words . Not to my mother to him .

She yanked me off the table and threw me to the floor. She then kicked me and walked out the opposite side of the kitchen .

" i hope thatll teach you to keep your lips  closed around men you little slut " she said and walked away . I curled up and began crying silently .

I coughed violently and felt the little breakfast i had rise up. I coughed and tried my best to keep it down.i felt hands on me and flinched . I looked up and was relieved it was ian. Wait no i wasnt. I had totally forgot-

" why did she do this?" He asked simply and i tried talking but it hurt and i could barely say a word.

" talk" i said and pointed to him then made an x. He looked at me then to the cup that still had the mixture in it. He frowned and leaned down to me.

" once we get to south carolina to your new house your coming with me" he said and i freaked out a bit , i walked away from him cautiously .  sadness filled his eyes. Coming with him ? I cant .........where too? That's suspicious...... he was kidnapping me ?! I mean my life wasn't that great here .. if I was being honest -

"W-where ?" I whispered. He smiled and held my shoulders.

" i live over there , in south carolina .at this aparment place with some buddies , theyre very  nice people you dont have to worry about them. I know that sounds weird ... scary even ... but I swear it's a safe place , run by the government , very nice supportive people who can help you start a new life ....Overall nice enviroment , theres a pool there too.... do you like swimming pools? " he said and tried to soothe me ....... my eyes lit up when he said pool.he chuckled and ruffled my hair.

Wait.this was very fishy.i had to be careful.

" you have to get away from these shit people , i know this all sounds sketchy as hell . But it's run by the government, I'll hand you official paperwork and verify it but you can't stay here , we can help. It's like a program for people who come from unfortunate lives " he said and glared upstairs as if directing it to my mom.i couldn't , i had to care for them. Like it or not i was still family to them and id always would care for them. Even if they did this to me...i loved them.

I couldnt leave them, they were .....home.as absurd as it was , mother was there for me when i was a child. She cared for me , clothed me , fed me and provided a place for me to live. She was my mother! Im her baby....

"N-no.....cant....leave" i said and he looked at me surprised.

" no! If she does this as a little threat i cant even  imagine what she does when she gets even angrier. And for what ?for talking to me !this is fucking crazy ? Sang this is abuse " He said and i bowed my head seeing as he was getting mad. I felt one of his calloused hands grab my face gently. He lifted it up and i saw his hazel-amber eyes blazing.

" you are coming with me. Trust me , we've only met today......but i swear my people will take care of you. Family is a choice , and anyone  in it should be loved and cared for just as you do onto others . Ultimately you have the choice to decide to come with me but please consider my offer of coming with me ." He said and i looked into his eyes for somesort of truth. I looked at him. He was being truthful. He was a nice person.was it true ? Maybe it was too good to be true and I'd end up lying in a ditch somewhere like mother told me about.

"O-ok" i said. Did I even care for my life at this point ? Maybe this wouldn't be that bad . he smiled at me.what do i do now? I blushed at how close he was.

He chuckled and let go of my face . He gave me one last smile before sighing and stretching hugely . His muscles bulged and moved under his skin nicely . He was beautiful. he gave me a crooked smile .i did my know how to respond so I simply nodded back and gave a small smile .

"Leave" i whispered and i pointed to myself then upstairs , he frowned and shook his head in understanding.

"Be safe okay. " he said and i nodded.i headed back to the stairs and felt him touch my arm.i flinched at his touch and turned to look at him. I mouthed an apology and he gave me a sad look.

"Wait...do u have a phone ? Something i can contact you on ?" He said and i shook my head no.  He cursed and i flinched at how harsh the words sounded.he looked at me sadly again  then hung his head.

" ill come pass by your new house ....im sorry that sounds really creepy...im not a sketchy guy.... im determined to get you out of this hell hole of a family pumpkin" he said and stroked my face where my mom slapped me , i felt my face go burning hot and he gave me another crooked smile again. Though his eyes were sad when he looked at me , when he brought up me leaving it sparked with happiness and turned into kind beautiful eyes piercing me with a promise .

I nodded my head and got out of his hold. I looked at him one last time then walked back up the stairs.

Family was a choice ?