44

chess pov

i had already woken up when liam and ian were having a whispering conversation in bed. i heard the baby cry and slowly inched myself off the bed and scooped him up .i sat gathering my scattered morning brain .I finally listened into to the conversations both idiots were having still.

" but who do you think is the biggest threat really?" ian said and snuggled his head on her hair. Please don't wake her .liam slowly crawled his huge body up like an animal and filled up the space i had previously occupied and threw me a little stupid grin . i rolled my eyes. im too tired to say a smart remark.

"raven, has spent most time with her. others are eh- she doesn't know them .she knows him more " he said and i quirked a brow up. the axel family? Raven ....a threat ?

"ravens a threat ?" i asked and had to cough to not make my morning voice not as dry and raspy ,i needed a glass of water really.maybe some tea if they have any?they turned their head to me and nodded like idiots.

"yes , threats to our family . he's worming his way into sangs cute little innocent heart" ian said like an idiot.this was a stupid conversation to have In the morning . I stood up and rubbed my eyes with a free hand and carried osais in the other comfortably. I really needed a cup of coffee , what time even was it ? I needed to fully wake up... or go back to sleep .i wanted coffee actually .

" im going to get coffee , dont wake sang " i said and put osais on the couch while i tied my hair out the way , little boy kept grabbing painful handfulls and yanking then laughing later on. he was a funny little thing. I couldnt not smile at my son, i was so happy to have him back....yet it seemed it was time for me not to be with him soon .i picked him up and kissed his little head. god was i going to miss him.

I walked out the room and smelled the smell of fresh coffee being made. I went down the dimly lit hall and noticed the clock in the living room. five o'clock in the morning. I could already guess who was up this early.

"goodmorning Mr.kalo" and sure enough i looked at the bispectacle man infront of me with a nod. I was correct .

" goodmorning owen" i said and thanked him when he poured me a cup of coffee and passed me the sugar , creamers and other stuff he had for coffee. almond vanilla creamer sounded better than milk this morning it seemed. I was honestly too sleepy to care what I put in it , just that I needed it to wake up .

it was quite akward between the two of us but to my relief osais was begining to stir and fully wake up aswell.

" i belive sang and sean were using this cabinet to store the baby foo- yes here it is" he said and motioned to a cabinet he opened and started walking off.

" if you need me ill be out in the backyard on the bench"he said and stopped for a couple of seconds and turned to me . I raised a brow and he fixed his tie , I didn't even register he had already changed into his usual uniform of formal slacks and a button up with a tie ... but his jacket was somewhere it seemed . Always so formal. He looked me dead on and nodded .

"mr.kalo, yesterday...ms.sorenson was very affected by your words, i know i have no say in this but , do keep in mind of all the adjusments she has had done to her life to live with you lot , i cant imagine all the stress ,newness and overthinking she must be doing.the healing she has to do by herself to be with you all, with anyone , everyone .i hope the best for her , as does my team , those questions we asked of ms.sorenson and her stay in your care we're merely that of protocol and concern. if we have offendeded you in anyway , if what you heard of my words has offended you , i apologize sincerly , my goal is my familys well being and mission success, but also to ensure everyone else is out of harms way and safe .i do not seek to put ms.sorenso in harms way or disregardment .i wanted to clear up that misconception you mightve had when you heard me in my office . i care for the safety and wellbeing of all our academy group members ,ms.sorenson included.  " he said and took a sip and walked off.