Chapter 4

Ellie's POV ~~~

I stirred a bit and opened my eyes. I tilted my head upwards to read what time was it. My clock reads its 5:17 pm.

And then suddenly all the events of school came back, giving me a headache. Not actually.

I sighed and came down from my bed. My feet touched the floor. I made my way towards my bathroom.

As I entered my bathroom I saw my reflection in the mirror. Those grey eyes were staring back at me. Under my eyes there were dark circles, my eyes were sticky a little from all that crying. There were tear stains on my cheeks. My blonde hairs which reaches down to my shoulders were messy and all over the place.

This was not the same Ellie I wanted to introduce to Harry. I have to pull myself together.

I started taking my clothes off. I wanted to have a shower. I want to relax. My body was aching, badly.

As I got naked I went towards the shower and started it. The warm water soothed my muscles. I applied some vanilla flavoured shampoo and then rinsed it. After the water turned cold again I got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me and another one around my wet hairs.

I came out of my bathroom and went towards my closet and wore some pyjamas and a simple black top. And left my hair down, wet.

Then my phone pinged, indicating I got a message. I checked my phone and saw 10 missed calls from Anna, 13 from Bella and 15 from Lucas. And many messages from all 3 of them. I guess they came when I was sleeping.

After replying to all of them saying I am safe and sound. And that I will tell them tomorrow what happened.

I walked downstairs towards the kitchen to see my mom making dinner.

"Hey Mom, you want some help?" I asked her.

"Yes, please." My mother replied.

My mother was a petite woman. With her dark black hairs and grey eyes, which I inherited from her, she was beautiful. She works in a kindergarten as a teacher.

She is the best mother I could get. I share everything with her, if its about boys, about friends, about school or even fights. I could tell her everything. After my mom and dad divorced she was heartbroken. She used to close herself in her room and cry. I always wanted to go and comfort her but she would never cry in front of me.

"Okay" I said and started helping her with dinner.

"Are you okay, el?" She asked me, staring at me.

"Yeah, why would you say that?" I asked her in confusion.

"You have been crying, haven't you? What happened?" I forgot that she can read me like an open book, she knows me way too well.

I sighed and replied, " yeah, it's just that Harry is here and we kind of had a confrontation, I couldn't take that, that's all."

"Hey, it's okay." She said, touching my shoulder and moving me to face her " some things should be said than be kept in, I won't say it would've been easy, I know. But it's better for both of you."

She knew all about what happened between me and Harry. Honestly, I didn't wanted to tell her because at that time she already had enough on her plate. But she found out, somehow, that I was keeping something from her.

"Yeah" I said, nodding my head and giving her a sad smile.

I started cutting some vegetables for the dinner and she started doing her work too.

×××××××××××××××

After dinner I told her that I will do the dishes so she left saying that she is ready to call it a night. After saying good night to her and giving her a kiss on her forehead, I started doing my work.