Chapter 23

Ellie's POV ~~

A few moments later a hand came and grasped my arm and started pulling me somewhere away from Thomas.

I looked up to see a set of curly hair bouncing every now and then with his walk and I instantly knew who was dragging me.

I looked back towards Thomas to see him looking at us with amused eyes and laughing a little.

To say I was embarassed was an understatement.

And why was everyone dragging me from one corner to the other tonight?

He came to a halt and I looked around to see it wasn't a corner but it was the cafeteria.

There wasn't anyone here besides us as everybody was in the gym room.

I look up to his face to see him taking a deep breath as if calming himself down.

I rest my hands on my waist and ask "Why did you dragged me here?"

"Why were you talking to him?"

I glared at him but he only glared back.

I could already feel another argument happening between us.

"I can talk to anyone, Harry. You don't get to tell me who I should talk and should not talk."

"I just don't like the guy."

I scoffed "Which guy do you like who talks to me?"

"Blake and Matt talks to you."

"Because they are your best friends" I gritted out.

He sighed heavily, raking a hand through his hair and turned around not looking at me.

I also move around to face him, not letting go of the topic just yet.

"It doesn't work like that, H" I say, softly after looking at his face. He looked conflicted.

"I know."

"Then stop ordering me around" I snapped at him.

"I can't watch you flirting with another guy" He grumbled.

"I wasn't flirting. I don't flirt with every guy I talk to" I rolled my eyes and continued "And he told me how you threatened him tonight."

"I wasn't gonna act on it. He is barmy! He gets scared easily" He snickered.

I glare at him and he immediately stopped, it was almost adorable.

"You have to trust me, Harry or-" He cuts me off.

"I know. I know. This isn't gonna work. I know" He rolls his eyes.

"I am serious" I firmly say.

"I trust you, El, but I just don't trust these arseholes and you're so beautiful, it doesn't help" He whined out the last part.

I feel myself getting red and chuckled at his antics.

"And you have to trust me too" He says, turning serious now.

I nod my head at him and give him a warm and full smile "Let's make this work, H."

We both stare at each other for a few minutes, lost in one another.

He takes my hand in his, lifting it to his mouth and plants a kiss on my knuckles, keeping the eye contact all this time.

"I don't think I told you this tonight but you look so gorgeous in this dress" He says with a half smile dancing on his delectable lips.